Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Before I tried anything expensive, I would try another power cable for the APC. If you still get it I would try replacing the rca cable. Just in case they have a short in them. The APC should filter out anything coming through the outlet.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Before I tried anything expensive, I would try another power cable for the APC. If you still get it I would try replacing the rca cable. Just in case they have a short in them. The APC should filter out anything coming through the outlet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!
I found some good insight, so far appears to have solved the issue.

So my speakers were making this horrible thundering sound, at random. I suspected loose cabling, but it wasn't the case. Random moments of using wireless usb devices syncing with the thunder were just coincidental. Reading some forums the nuggets were that the output voltage from my pc to my 2.1 setup was too low, causing the auto-on/off power saving feature to trip back and forth. I was running my speaker's output volume at max and my PC volume low- so I just switched the two around to ensure max signal from the PC to the speakers, and then limited it from the speaker control. So far so good :)

EDIT:
It lasted about an hour :'|
I think theres some hardware damage with mine, its a pretty cheap setup. Perhaps this will still work for some of you though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok. For those interested or having the same issue. My system is completely dead silent except for the occasional "popping" sound coming from my subwoofer whether its in use or not. There's no rhyme or reason to when the sound occurs. It does't coincide with anything else turning on/off within the system or in the house and it doesn't happen in any particular pattern or time intervals. This is the second sub that I've had that does this, different brands and completely different subs altogether and my old sub even did this in my old apartment as well. Both subs have done this in my new place too. Very strange. Anyway...

One night last week I unplugged the subwoofer signal cable from the sub to see if the sub still made the sound. It did. After looking exhaustively online, I found someone who had the same issue and said they corrected it by switching the "power mode" from "auto" to "on". I tried that and it worked. No more errant popping out of nowhere from my sub. I have stable power at the outlet and a power conditioner protecting my gear. So, I don't know how or why it was happening but it's gone. Hopefully this helps others experiencing similar issues.
Hi, Can you explain how you switched the power mode from auto to on??? TIA

21 - 24 of 24 Posts