Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
This thread is the place for all of you Shacksters to get your opinions and/or requests heard so let us know! What subwoofers would you like to see tested in The Sub Zone? Directly below is a list of tentative commitments and requests that we currently have out to sub manufacturers.

Tentative Commitments
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-12012
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-808
  • Rhythmik F12G (from GR Research)
  • Paradigm SUB 2

Manufacturer Subs Requested
  • Paradigm
  • Martin Logan
  • Legacy
  • Lava
  • Rhythmik
  • HSU Research
  • Earthquake
  • AperionAudio
  • JL Audio
Is it possible to add the Outlaw LFm1-EX to that list

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many of us would be delighted to see the Seaton Submersive HP and JTR Captivator active-2400w being compared with subs like Sub2, DD18+, dual ULS15 and dual SB13Ultras.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Outlaw will be added shortly... I have already talked to their PR firm and I believe we will be able to get that arranged. We can definitely add them to the requested list.

I cannot even get a response from Velodyne. They have completely ignored me, somewhat like HSU.

·
Registered
67 Posts
DanTheMan said:
Definitely want to see some TCSounds measured when they come out.

Dan
I will get hold of Ron and talk with him and see what his thoughts are about a review being done.
I am very excited to see these new products hit the market. The app for the plate/rack amps for your apple products is real nice too.
I had a chance to talk with Ron and Thilo both. Even seen the amps personally.

·
Registered
67 Posts
gtpsuper24 said:
Any clues or hints at the price points the TC's will have?
Ron wouldn't drop any price except ballpark 2700 that's for the powered Sub
I believe somewhere around 1000 for the amp line. The DSP settings are insane, along with a user interface pc based ad well.
Initially there was talks of 4 different powered subs.
I don't know if anyone us aware of who Ron Stimpson is or not. A quick update is he designed the SVS PB 13 ULTRA. Along with the bash and Sledge amps ad well.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Ron did indeed sell out of SVSound... but I am not familiar with his relationship with TC Sounds. I thought TC Sounds was out of business. :huh:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
TC Sounds was out of business but is back and have been using Parts Express as there distributor for the last few years or so. If you go to: http://tcsounds.com/ you can see the subs they are working on and the new rip curl amps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ron is actually the Vice president/COO of TCsounds. Thilo brought him in as partner to focus in the HT aspect. Since all you DIY guys have been using the subs with amazing results.
I had the chance to speak with both Ron and Thilo at a convention this summer for a few hours. Really plugged there brains a ton about there theories and products.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sonnie said:
We need to get those guys on as a sponsor. :yes:
I contacted Ron yesterday and waiting for a response back. I am really hoping they will contribute I. Some way. Atleast with info and testing.
Even when these subs and amps are available they will only be offered through Parts Express.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Ah... I see. Well Parts Express is an affiliate, so in essence they are somewhat of a sponsor. We do very well with Parts Express.

I tried emailing their support email and it rejected it saying the mailbox was full. No big deal though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sub_crazy said:
Thanks for all the info Jason, good stuff :T
Your very welcome. I am glad I could actually contribute in some way to the Forum.
One day I will be posting a theatre build once I can afford too.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I thought those SVS woofers looked like they might be made by TCSounds... Not exactly, but they have some similarities.

Thanks for the info!

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Source Technologies new HV/S series 10 or 12" sub. Looks like the JMan has a 10" in his pics?? How soon til we see his thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I thought those SVS woofers looked like they might be made by TCSounds... Not exactly, but they have some similarities.

Thanks for the info!

Dan
TC Sounds did initially make the drivers for SVS but I don't think so anymore. TC Sounds did a lot of OEM work in the past for company's like Sunfire, SoundSplinter, Eclipse and a bunch of others, not so sure how much they do now though.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts