Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
SVS, with it's new PB-1000 and SB-1000 line has sent one over the bow of the LFM-1 and VTF-2. I'd like to see a full blown shootout review of the three. :boxer::boxer::boxer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread is the place for all of you Shacksters to get your opinions and/or requests heard so let us know! What subwoofers would you like to see tested in The Sub Zone? Directly below is a list of tentative commitments and requests that we currently have out to sub manufacturers.

Tentative Commitments
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-12012
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-808
  • Rhythmik F12G (from GR Research)
  • Paradigm SUB 2
  • Rhythmik FV15HP

Manufacturer Subs Requested
  • Paradigm
  • Martin Logan
  • Legacy
  • Lava
  • Rhythmik
  • HSU Research
  • Earthquake
  • AperionAudio
  • JL Audio
  • Outlaw
  • Atlantic Technology
  • Sunfire
How about Source Technologies?

Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
I suspect that Velodyne's viewpoint is that nearly all of their business comes from custom integrators and such. They probably don't think that many people that frequent forums such as this would buy their products. So what's in it for them I suppose? Just a guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would love to see products from SVS and Emotiva. Currently have a SVS PSB13 Ultra and am wondering if I can replace it with a pair of Emotiva's X-REF12 and achieve the same/similar result.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Another person with Velodyne has contacted me and says they will help us work out some reviews... we will see.

Ron with TC Sounds says they should be able to get us review samples once they release their products. That may be a while though.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Power Sound Audio XS30 definitely needs a review.

Would also like to see JTR Captivator and Seaton Sound SubMersive HP reviews.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
This thread is the place for all of you Shacksters to get your opinions and/or requests heard so let us know! What subwoofers would you like to see tested in The Sub Zone? Directly below is a list of tentative commitments and requests that we currently have out to sub manufacturers.

Tentative Commitments / In Hand: These are companies who have given us a firm date on shipping us the subwoofer or we have the subwoofer in hand for testing and/or review.
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-12012
  • KEN KREISEL DXD-808
  • Rhythmik F12G (from GR Research)
  • Paradigm SUB 2
  • Rhythmik FV15HP
  • Sunfire Atmos
  • Atlantic Technology 642e SB
  • Velodyne Optimum

Manufacturer Subs Requested: These are companies we have contacted and they have either not responded or we are pending confirmation of a date. In some cases they have told us they might consider something later on, so we leave them on the list. Very rarely do we get outright denied, instead they will just keep putting us off for one reason or another.
  • Paradigm
  • Martin Logan
  • Legacy
  • Lava
  • HSU Research
  • Earthquake
  • AperionAudio
  • JL Audio
  • Outlaw
  • JTR
  • Seaton
  • TC Sounds
I have updated this in the first post as well. As stated earlier... Ron has said he would try to get us something on the TC Sounds line as soon as they released them. The Atlantic Tech sub has shipped. Velodyne has agreed to an Optimum, but not sure what model yet... I suggested the 12. Although we have the Sub 2 in hand, we have requested other lower priced subs from Paradigm. Martin Logan and JL Audio have pretty much put us off until the Spring. I think we have the Outlaw worked out, but still waiting for confirmation. HSU has totally ignored us... no response to several emails and phone calls. Lava said yes, but they haven't shipped and have not responded of late. The rest have not responded or put us off to later.

We will see about contacting the others that have been requested, but it may be later on since we have so many already in hand and still need to review some of those.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hey Sonnie, I got a Lava LSP12 I can ship out for testing as long as I can find the box for it.

Just let me know and it will be on it's way.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
A pair of those is cheaper than a single submersive.....hmmmmm.
That's exactly what I've been thinking, XS30 appears to be bang for the money. I am curious how much SPL down low can be achieved with only 350 watts per driver.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's exactly what I've been thinking, XS30 appears to be bang for the money. I am curious how much SPL down low can be achieved with only 350 watts per driver.
Like the old rule says, there's no replacement for displacement. Even though the SubM has a lot more power I am thinking quad XS30's will outperform dual SubM's. The SubM's advantage is Mark Seaton who I really have a lot of respect for.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts