Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Not to say I don't have a lot of respect for Tom and Jim at PSA, there definitely doing something right there as well :)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
The Sunfire we have is tiny. :T

We have also requested several smaller subs from manufacturers.

We are also just getting started, so there will be a lot more to come. :yes:

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Like the old rule says, there's no replacement for displacement. Even though the SubM has a lot more power I am thinking quad XS30's will outperform dual SubM's. The SubM's advantage is Mark Seaton who I really have a lot of respect for.
I've heard SubMersives in 3 different rooms. Best sub I've experienced thus far.

I agree, quad XS30's are a force to be reckoned with. Can't wait to see some numbers. It takes serious power and excursion capabilities for a sealed sub to hit single digit with meaningful SPL. SubMersive stepped from 1000 watts to 2400, and I have heard is going to 4000 watts.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Kind of slow around here during the holidays as there was plenty of family and some drama going on as well. But you will all be happy to know that I am about to test another round of subs that I have in my possession including:

Atlantic Technology 642e SB THX Select
Velodyne Optimum 12"
SunFire Atmos
Rythmik F15 (Round 2)
and the Genelec HTS4B!

Stay Tuned!!!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,287 Posts
But you will all be happy to know that I am about to test another round of subs that I have in my possession including:

Atlantic Technology 642e SB THX Select
Velodyne Optimum 12"
SunFire Atmos
Rythmik F15 (Round 2)
and the Genelec HTS4B!
I reviewed an Atlantic Technology 444SB not too long ago, and found it to be a rather impressive little sub. I'm curious to see how the 642 fares. The Genelec I'd like to get my hand on actually; that's one of those subs you often hear about, but rarely get a chance to actually see. Think unicorn.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Coolio, A new set of sub tests to kick of 2013!

I had a Genelec HTS4B a long time ago, it's a good sub so I will be interesting in hearing how it tests. It's actually a really nice selection of subs, sounds like your gonna have some fun Dale.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I reviewed an Atlantic Technology 444SB not too long ago, and found it to be a rather impressive little sub. I'm curious to see how the 642 fares. The Genelec I'd like to get my hand on actually; that's one of those subs you often hear about, but rarely get a chance to actually see. Think unicorn.
Hey Jim, it does exist....

61 - 80 of 115 Posts