Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I think several of us have hit up Seaton, but he put us off. Hopefully we can get something going with him soon.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,287 Posts
I think several of us have hit up Seaton, but he put us off. Hopefully we can get something going with him soon.
I've been working with Mark to get an MFW Turbo since last October (he and I were at the same GTG). He made a driver revision since then, and then had to wait for stock, so it's been thisclose twice. I did ask him about a Submersive as well, but he declined. My feeling is he's not interested in reviews. However, I'll be seeing him in April -- at another GTG -- so I can broach the topic again. Maybe I'll wear one of my HTS shirts... :D

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Okay... we got the ball rolling with Danley and I am hoping something positive will come out of it. They have not really focused on the "home theater" market, so they are very cautious. Maybe we will hear back from them in a few days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't really need permission from Seaton to measure his subs. If someone owns the subs, they're free to do whatever measuring and graphs with it that they want. There is no law stopping anyone from doing that.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... we realize that, but finding someone willing to lend us one is not the easiest thing to do, nor the most cost efficient method. It is better if we can obtain one directly from the manufacturer, who will have it insured and take care of the shipping to us and back to them (or perhaps let us keep it for a giveaway :bigsmile: ).

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I don't think we have reached out to Klipsch and we should look at testing some of their subs. I will see what I can do there.

On another note... I did not bring this up initially, but since they obviously are not interested, I suppose I will let everyone know. When I contacted Danley Sound Labs, I spoke with their marketing guy and he stated that the home theater and forum market is not really the market they wanted to pursue. I tried to explain to him the number of people he could reach via a forum like HTS, but he stated he did not believe the owner would be interested, yet he would talk to him and get back with me. Of course I never heard back and it has been over a month now. What I gathered from the conversation was they only wanted to cater to the professional market and do not want their products in the homes of enthusiast. My perception was that they do not believe the home market really understands their products. It is unfortunate, however, they do have the right to decide their own market.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,287 Posts
I don't think we have reached out to Klipsch and we should look at testing some of their subs. I will see what I can do there.
I've glanced at their SW-311 and KW-120 for a while, wondering what they might be like. If you're able to secure either of those I'm definitely in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got two KW-120 and they are beasts. :hsd:

There are probably subs who play lower (< 18 Hz, Seaton etc.) out there but imho for the street price and their footprint they are are very good. I run an Anti-mode 8033 C with them.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Any updates on getting info on TC Sounds Ripcurl amps? I do have LMS-R15s and would love to see a good amp with DSP that matches them. Anyone know if they will drive 2 Ohm

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I checked and I actually sent a request to the Klipsch PR rep back on October 29, 2012... with quite a bit of info included, yet I did not even get an acknowledgement... was totally ignored. I have sent another request and will see what becomes of it. I am not too hopeful though. Unfortunately, some companies are just this way. :huh:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I checked and I actually sent a request to the Klipsch PR rep back on October 29, 2012... with quite a bit of info included, yet I did not even get an acknowledgement... was totally ignored. I have sent another request and will see what becomes of it. I am not too hopeful though. Unfortunately, some companies are just this way. :huh:
As much as I enjoy my Klipsch speakers I must admit when it comes to CS they are lacking. I purchased some Klipsch S4I ii's which came with a soft carrying pouch. Through reading and research I knew some earlier ones included a hard case which I felt with my job would provide better protection. Like you I sent an email requesting info wondering how or where I could obtain the hard case. I never received a reply and must admit I was a bit turned off by the lack of correspondence. Even though they were only $100 earbuds a reply of some sort would have been nice.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts