Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
So Rythmik recently released their F25, which is a dual 15" sealed sub. I think that should go on the list (despite there being two Rythmiks on the list already). Thanks for all the great sub reviews btw.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everybody,

I would love to see the results of the Adam Sub 2100 being tested. Is there a chance you could test this one? I find so little information about this sub, why?

Florian

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,279 Posts
The reason information is so sparse is probably due to the fact ADAM makes equipment primarily for studios, which generally don't get the review exposure that everything else does. I did evaluate the Bag End ID-18 Pro, another company that predominately caters to studios, so it's not unprecedented for us to look at equipment outside of the HT and 2 channel markets. That thought notwithstanding...

My guess is they wouldn't be too amenable even if I requested one to review. They specifically state "ADAM has developed the unique Sub2100 subwoofer for the special requirements of large control rooms and studios", indicating to me this product was only designed for studio work, an area we don't have significant experience with I'm afraid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

thank you for your detailed answer! - I feel sad to hear that you dont test studio subwoofers as I come from this field and I would be interested in a lot of subs there/ measurements of those subs. I would like to know also how good studio subs are after all, or if there is a lot of crab...

Thank you,

Florian

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,279 Posts
I would love to evaluate another studio-class sub, but I don't suspect the manufacturers would be too keen on the idea given this forums HT focus. To be perfectly honest, I found the Bag End to be one of the best sounding subwoofers I've ever heard. The only thing it lacked was output, which was low for something with an 18" driver. Detail, precession, response, were all excellent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are new subwoofer tests still happening on this forum? I note JL Audio Fathom F113 was requested on the first post of this thread (4 years ago!), but has not been tested.

PS - I see Ilkka tested the F113 (older v1) back in 2007, but all the attachment /graphs do not load on any of my browsers (nor do they for any other Ilkka sub test) ?? Are the Ilkaa archives all dead now?

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
The "SubZone" is no longer active, but Jim Wilson is still reviewing subs. Just look under the review section: Speakers/Subwoofers and you'll see his write-ups.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,279 Posts
Are new subwoofer tests still happening on this forum? I note JL Audio Fathom F113 was requested on the first post of this thread (4 years ago!), but has not been tested.

PS - I see Ilkka tested the F113 (older v1) back in 2007, but all the attachment /graphs do not load on any of my browsers (nor do they for any other Ilkka sub test) ?? Are the Ilkaa archives all dead now?
Subwoofer testing is indeed still happening, and on a pretty regular basis as well.

The JL Audio E112 was tested when it first came out, but we haven't gotten anything from the F series line. That's dictated by the manufacturer though, not us; rarely will a company want an older product reviewed because it already has exposure, and it's been a while since the F series has been updated. With few exceptions they want their newer products tested.

I'm seeing the same thing you are with regards to Ilkaa's tests. The forum was converted to different software a few months ago, after HTS was purchased by another company, and a few things like that broke in the process. I'll alert the new owners and see if there's anything that can be done.

For a complete list of past reviews you can use this link. Everything should be there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully with the Fathom F113v2 released this year we will see some objective acoustic testing. I understand that the big commercial players may feel threatened by Internet Direct onslaught, but come on, at least submit your products for full review !!

I hope Ilkaa reviews are resurrected from the dead. There's a treasure trove of info there and it's a shame noon is accessible. I wonder if Ilkaa is still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,279 Posts
I hope Ilkaa reviews are resurrected from the dead. There's a treasure trove of info there and it's a shame noon is accessible. I wonder if Ilkaa is still around
Ilkaa provided an invaluable service and his assessments were well regarded, so much so that Genelec hired him. I don't know if he's still there because he doesn't frequent any of the forums I do, so I lost touch with his work.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts