Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Illka,

Which 5400 driver from the Round 5 tests did you use for the recent 75L/200L sealed special test, the one from the sealed or PR'd enclosure?

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There were 2 different LMS drivers? All this time I thought that you tested the same one and just switched alignments with the one driver. I never noticed the slight increase in distortion above 50hz for the PR'd system before.
Yes, I have two LMS-5400 18" drivers. But even though the THD graph seems quite different, the difference is mainly caused by the 2nd order harmonic which isn't really that harmful or audible. Maybe some day I'll measure the other driver in that 100 liter sealed box so that we know for sure whether it's a difference caused by the driver or the alignment/box. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it that much.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yes, I have two LMS-5400 18" drivers. But even though the THD graph seems quite different, the difference is mainly caused by the 2nd order harmonic which isn't really that harmful or audible. Maybe some day I'll measure the other driver in that 100 liter sealed box so that we know for sure whether it's a difference caused by the driver or the alignment/box. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it that much.
Oh i wouldn't worry about that tiny bit of distortion myself either. It barely breaks 5% at a very high output level until 23hz. Still awesome performance, just not quite as squeeky clean as the sealed test.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.