Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Now i need a serious help guys

Today i hooked my passive subwoofer (Rockford punch 15 inch 500 watt RMS) with a mono block amplifier board of 420 watt (TDA89S4TH) and a low pass filter (please see the images below) in order to test how it works. When i was playing song through mobile the output from subwoofer is so low initially i didn't notice that sound after increasing volume to full level i was able to to hear sound by place my ear next to subwoofer
Connecting order :
Mobile through AUX cable ---> low-pass filter ---> power Amp.---- Subwoofer .

I think i made the above connections in a right way ???.
After thinking for a while a few new doubts are arised in my mind that..
1. Do i need a preamplifier ?
2. Do i have to adjust crossover frequency to right values ?
3. Is this amp is capable to take this huge 15 inch sub ?

Am frustrated with this last question cause the seller says its a high power amplifier please use it with professional standard speakers whose power should be more than 200 watt so i thought the value should be in RMS but now am unable to get a sound from my 500 watt rms sub.
Is it really in RMS or a PMPO? I am providing 24-0-24v 5.5ampere 220 watt power as seller gives in his description.
Am totally SAD ALONE DEVASTATED

Core chip of Amp :TDA89S4TH

Thank yoU for those guys who watched this post and a way much bigger thanks to the guys who replied and a special thanks to tapatalk for helping me to share my problems with experts over here.

I hope am not alone

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,286 Posts
You can add mine as another view, but unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question either. Most likely that explains the other views as well; people clicking on the link to see if they can help, but then realizing they can't. Maybe you need to give it more than 1 day.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Is the “mobile” source your phone? I’m not trying to be dumb, just wondering if the volume on the source(phone?) needs to be turned up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the “mobile” source your phone? I’m not trying to be dumb, just wondering if the volume on the source(phone?) needs to be turned up.
Yes its a phone and it is at its full level will you please tell me that if i provide AC 24-0-24 volt power supply 5.5 ampere Current to amplifier what should be the value of power output from amplifier in RMS i think its around 250watt RMS ? Am i correct ? Between the impedance of my subwoofer is 8 ohms.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Sorry riyaz, while I assume your calculations are correct, I’m not familiar enough to say. I was thinking in a pragmatic way because that’s usually how I get bit. It’s in the little things. Lol. Sorry I can’t offer you more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts