Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Having a look around for units that are able to EQ subs seperately for stereo bass EQ. Yes I know its debatable which works better stereo bass or mono bass in 2ch setups, but for the sake of this lets assume it works :)

I have been looking at a combination of:
1). Behringer MX882 to combine the LFE + L -> Left sub & LFE + R to Right sub (also raise the levels to pro levels for the DCX if required)
2). Behringer DCX for stereo EQ on the subs
3). Quest 3004
4). 125L sealed Maelstrom-X's :)

I have already bought 3 & 4, now just got to decide on what are the best options for 1 & 2.

With your recommendation can you please say why you prefer your nomination.

I like the look of the behringer gear as it suits my requirements and is cheap :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Behringer MX882 is overkill, unless you plan on running 8 independent sub channels.
Go with the Behringer Ultragain MIC2200 and the Behringer Feedback Destroyer either the FBQ2496 or the DSP1124

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gday Dritz, I can second Edmunds suggetion of the Ultragain MIC2200. It boosts domestic source outputs to pro level, converts incoming unbalaced signals to fully balanced outputs,in addition to providing an highly flexible parametric EQ and an adjustable high pass filter. All that per Two discrete channels. I have one and am satisfied with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When the high-pass filter is switched on (LO CUT switch pressed), the FREQUENCY control defines
the filter’s cut-off frequency. With a setting range from 12 to 320 Hz the filter’s main task is to eliminate
bottom-end rumble noise, etc.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The unit looks to have a lot of features built in.

Bit of gimmick the selling point of the unit though, "Put a Little Tube in Your Tone".

·
Registered
9 Posts
The unit looks to have a lot of features built in.

Bit of gimmick the selling point of the unit though, "Put a Little Tube in Your Tone".
Yeah, sort of lame, but it does work well, and obviously you aren't going to notice any "tube tone" qualities below 80hz or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Edmund,the manual doesnt explain things well,but the tubes only function in 'mic' mode.The sexy orange glow is achieved by backlighting with an LED when in 'line' mode. lsiberian,you are correct,however the DCX2496 is an unity gain device. My AVR does not output sufficient LFE voltage to drive pro gear,hence I use the MIC 2200 as a level translator before my DCX 2496.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts