Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Everyone,

I am looking out for some good quality headphones to connect to my Laptop, I intend to use it while watching DVD movies or listening to music on my Laptop. I am looking out for a Headphone which will give me a Good surround sound while watching movies and will give me a strong, Deep, BASS while listening to music as I am into listening Club and Trance Music. Any suggestions that you guys would like to give me. My Budget is around $ 100 or even less then that. Anything in Sennhesier, SONY, Altec Lansing, I am looking forward to it. A good BASS and virtual surround sound is what I am looking out for.

Cheers !

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
So, do you want open headphones (usually better sound quality for less $$, but let outside sound in) or closed (block outside noise, good for trains and planes). Over the head style, or in ear?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure it's really allowed, but I'm selling a pair of Sennheiser HD580's that fit your bill. Do some quick reviews on them, they're open ear-ed but provide some really high quality sound. They're replaced by the HD600's now which cost twice as much used, and thrice new. If you're interested, shoot me a pm, i'm going to post these on the classifieds as well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dear Everyone,

I am looking out for some good quality headphones to connect to my Laptop, I intend to use it while watching DVD movies or listening to music on my Laptop. I am looking out for a Headphone which will give me a Good surround sound while watching movies and will give me a strong, Deep, BASS while listening to music as I am into listening Club and Trance Music. Any suggestions that you guys would like to give me. My Budget is around $ 100 or even less then that. Anything in Sennhesier, SONY, Altec Lansing, I am looking forward to it. A good BASS and virtual surround sound is what I am looking out for.

Cheers !

Well, I`m sure by now after looking at the date, you probably have purchased your headphones already. However, if not, the Grado SR60,s is a great headphone for those on a budget. I have a pair myself, and the bass is good. But, if you want info, check www.headphone.com/ These are guys, who call themselves, Headphone geeks and just love headphones. There called - Headroom - Right Between Your Ears. Every type of headphone is reviewed, and they have some of the best Headphone amplifiers built.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you can find some, I recommend the Audio Technica ATH-A500. These are outstanding for the money.
Tell me a little about these. I`ve been reading articles recently on Audio Technica headphones, and they were all good. What price range are these in?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I personally like AKG headphones, Here is a link to their website.
Grado also make great headphones, Link
Sennheiser as already mentioned above is another great choice, Link

·
Registered
526 Posts
I personally like AKG headphones, Here is a link to their website.
Grado also make great headphones, Link
Sennheiser as already mentioned above is another great choice, Link
I actually have a pair of Grados right now, the GR60`s. I`m looking to go high end now. I`ve read about The Sennheiser HD600`s for a couple of years. And everyone seems to love the 701`s. But its very difficult to find dealers that have them all, to demo. You would not buy speakers w/o hearing them first, right? But it seems I will have to go that route thru Headroom
From what I have been told, they are excellent, and the people on their staff I s/w have been very good.

My cousin recently got a great price on the Sennheiser HD595`s, $179.00. And I must say, I listened to them directly thru a A/V receiver, barely 2 weeks old, no headphone amp, and they sounded decent. Also, very comfortable.

So,we`ll see what I`m gonna do. It would be nice to have all of them, Beyer DT880`s, Sennheiser HD600/650`s, AKG701`s in white, and Grado RS1, that would be the ultimate. Just switch accordingly!!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I have a friend who has a set of Grados and really likes them he also bought a tube headphone amp and that dramatically improved the sound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The ATH-A500 are about $100 and they are some of the best headphones I've ever heard and they are by far the most comfortable along with the other ATH models. I have the ATH-A900 headphones because I wanted aluminum cans, but at the store I could not tell the difference in sound between the ATH-A500, ATH-A700, or the ATH-A900. The specs are a little different in these models, but I couldn't hear a difference. Most highly recommeded!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just adore the Sony MDR-7506. It is the standard (closed-ear type) for media and recording. The accuracy is excellent. I've been using them for over 7 years. They run $99 from just about any professional music outlet.

For the price range you mention, or anyone else, for excellent, accurate and widest frequency sound reproduction, open-ear headphones are the choice of the "pure" audiophile. BUT, they will cost upwards of $300.

Due to my situation and hobbies closed-ear type is preferred.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The ATH-A500 are about $100 and they are some of the best headphones I've ever heard and they are by far the most comfortable along with the other ATH models. I have the ATH-A900 headphones because I wanted aluminum cans, but at the store I could not tell the difference in sound between the ATH-A500, ATH-A700, or the ATH-A900. The specs are a little different in these models, but I couldn't hear a difference. Most highly recommeded!
How much are the A900`s?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Several on-line retailers including Amazon have them listed for about $249. I bought mine in Japan a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
526 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts