Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Back in 2014, I bought an LG BH9430PW 1460W 3D Blu-ray Theater System when it was first released.
It is a powerful home theater system but had a lot of issues with its amplifier and rear speakers controller.
Now I'm left with working speakers and I was wondering if I can buy a good and affordable amplifier for the existing speakers.

This home theater is a 9.1 channel system but speakers have 2 inputs (Front Facing and 3D Effect upward facing) each except the woofer and the center:

Front x 2: 180W each
Rear x 2: 180W each
Front 3D Upper Speaker x 2: 90W Each
Rear 3D Upper Speaker x 2: 90W Each
Center: 180W
Subwoofer: 200W

Thanks in advance for any useful advice.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Honestly, For what you would have to spend to replace your amplifier , would not be cost effective - just buy the same unit new ...maybe you can get JUST the amplifier on EBAY

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
What I am thinking is, this is not a setback - this is an opportunity. I would buy a 9.1 - 9.2 channel AVR The Denon AVR X4300W with HEOS and ATMOS and several other Audio surround sound formats that will take advantage of the speaker array you have now. My next step would be to improve/replace the two front speakers with premium quality two channel speaker setup for serious/critical 2 channel music listening.

You can find 9.1 channel AVR by almost any manufacturer i just prefer Denon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you are looking at the right Receiver, I currently use the AVRX5200W and love it, It was one of the first ones to adopt the Atmos configuration the one you are talking about has Heos and the Audyssey EQ. I can tell you this it will have enough power to do what you need. Advise to you is start looking at the big box stores they start moving last years models out soon and drastically discount there stock for the new models, I got mine at BB and retailed for $2199 but had it on clearance for $799 I thought it was a great buy and still love the choice i made 2 years ago!
Let me know how it turns out!
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts