Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Re: Super 8 - Blu-Ray Review

LOL

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

I think if my subs can make it through Cloverfield, they can pretty much handle anything. I have tried to make them buckle under pressure, but it ain't happening. My walls have cracks, but the subs are fine. :hsd:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

I do believe Cloverfield was a more bass intensive movie overall, but Super 8 definitely will impress you nonetheless!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Jon Liu said:
I do believe Cloverfield was a more bass intensive movie overall, but Super 8 definitely will impress you nonetheless!
It will impress or force one to upgrade. Unfortunately…err fortunately I was forced to upgrade. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts

Looking forward to this on blu-ray and it should be delivered within the next day or two. I found Cloverfield to be much more enjoyable than expected so I'm hoping for the same with this movie.

Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
432 Posts

Just finished watching Super 8 for the first time and liked it!

This movie definitely has some great special effects and a soundtrack that will give your speaker system a nice workout.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I was pleasantly surprised by the audio on this blu-ray. Overall clarity and dynamics were excellent not only in the quality of the recording, but also in how it was artistically delivered. I enjoyed the movie greatly!

Cheers, Joe

·
Registered
44 Posts

Enjoyed this movie a lot. I thought it would be a bit more on the horror side but ended up not minding at all that it wasn't.

The train crash scene was INTENSE:eek:... my SubM loved it and gave it the sweet ULF it deserved...

·
Registered
12 Posts

Spot on review! Two words: TRAIN WRECK!! and I don't mean in the hot mess kinda way! Makes the whole thing worth the purchase price. You wanna impress your friends with your HTS? Then pick this up and crank up the volume for the first 20 minutes or so!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

I finally got around to watching this and thought it was pretty good, with the exception of all the foul language from the kids (particularly the one film director kid - the 14 year old Charles). That was a bit shocking to say the least. I would NOT want my kids to watch this movie.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Finally got around to watching this, and was riveted for the duration. Slightly simplified ending, but kinda saw that coming so I wasn't too disappointed.

The mix was incredibly loud when it needed to be, but no harshness other than just... loud. I think some of the issues people are having with harshness is just their mains buckling, they are getting a proper pounding. And the subs.... Oh my, the subs.... I cringed a bit at times, and I have 4 18" JBL pro subs...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts