Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up 4 of these but ended up having no use for them.

Letting them go basically for free in Northern NJ

2 of them work just fine 2 of them need to be reconed. I'll sell the 2 working ones for $40 each and you can have the 2 that need work for free!! All are cosmetically pretty good I'd say 7 or 8 out of 10.

So recone the other 2 and you have 4 true theater speakers for $150!!!

Northern NJ - $80 takes all 4!
Don't miss this.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They need to be reconed or do they just need new foam surrounds? Big difference.
I never took the grill off and looked. I was told that by the person who gave them to me. Was told it was a $30 per speaker fix. doesn't really matter considering the price, call it 2 speakers for $80 and the other 2 are free to fix if you like

·
Registered
178 Posts
I never took the grill off and looked. I was told that by the person who gave them to me. Was told it was a $30 per speaker fix. doesn't really matter considering the price, call it 2 speakers for $80 and the other 2 are free to fix if you like
I suspect it is the surround and not the cones. You can buy a pair of surrounds for the 8340's for around $20.00. A recone cost a lot more. I am not in need of the 8340's, but I thought it might help to sell them if people knew that they only needed foam surround replaced vs recone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suspect it is the surround and not the cones. You can buy a pair of surrounds for the 8340's for around $20.00. A recone cost a lot more. I am not in need of the 8340's, but I thought it might help to sell them if people knew that they only needed foam surround replaced vs recone.
Ha thank you.

I might just take off the grill and look, they are screw on grills and I got the speakers then realized they were too big so I never looked.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ha thank you.

I might just take off the grill and look, they are screw on grills and I got the speakers then realized they were too big so I never looked.
I use a pair of 8340's in my room. When I bought them I of them had a bad foam surround that I replaced. Pretty simple procedure.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still have them but I am deciding if I want to sell these or the 8340a's I currently use as my surrounds. I am trying to see if they are worth the price difference or if I want to keep the 8340's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.