Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a custom custom DSP based on cascading biquad IIR filters and would love to be able to extract the filter coeffs from the EQ plugin in REW. Ideally I would love if REW could generate the coeffesients and export them, but I understand if that is a bit technical. How is this done for the minidsp? Because AFAIK the miniDSP uses such filtercoeffs.

Is the file format for the .req file available? Alternatively I can write my own app which converts the .req file filters into biquad coeffs.

Thanks for a splendid application!

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Easiest would be to use the MiniDSP output files, note that a1 and a2 are negated per MiniDSP's requirements. The .req files are generated using Java object serialisation and only contain the gain, freq, bandwidth etc settings, not the biquad coefficients.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a requirement as such to get the biquad coeffs - those I can calculate on my own. The fact that REW keeps filters in type, frequency, gain and Q is more than sufficient. The "problem" with the minidsp setting (and its file export), is that it is limited to 6 PEQ's. My HW has more. The other great advantage with working directly on .req files is that they can be saved and restored in REW.

I'll take a look at the file and see if I can work out its structures. Being a Java serialization object, I'd need a description, a schema of sorts, won't I? Or are this included in the file? (I'm not familiar with Java serialization objects, and I certainly don't expect a lesson of that here.)

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts