Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just purchased a SVS 13.5 ultra driver for a really good price. I want to build a box for this but need a little help. I'm not very good with the win program yet so need a little help.

Based on the SVS driver what size of box and if I used 3 to 4" port tubes, what lengths would be needed. Looking to tune it to around 15 Hz for mostly home theater.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Do you have a driver file for the SVS woofer for WinISD? Or do you have the T/S parameters?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You feel the bash 500 would be enough or would the SA 1000 be that much better? I just don't feel comfortable having to setup a behringer to play right. To many variables to change that I so not under right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You feel the bash 500 would be enough or would the SA 1000 be that much better? I just don't feel comfortable having to setup a behringer to play right. To many variables to change that I so not under right now.
Do not understand right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To many variables I do not understand .... I meant to say

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The Bash 500 has a HPF at 18 hx, so does the SA1000. A Behiringer iNuke has a HPF at 20 hz, so tuning a cabinet to 15 hz is pointless with these amps. If you want 15 hz extension then contact SVS and ask them to recommend a box size, what port diameter and length to use, and what amp you should get.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SVS replied by stating to get " get a Crown or QSC amp and use a Behringer for the front end"

Box size to keep around the same size they have the current PB 13 ultra in. Porting said use the program he stated either and that should get me close for tuning. Said to use one 6" port or two 4" ports.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Bash 500 has a HPF at 18 hx, so does the SA1000. A Behiringer iNuke has a HPF at 20 hz, so tuning a cabinet to 15 hz is pointless with these amps. If you want 15 hz extension then contact SVS and ask them to recommend a box size, what port diameter and length to use, and what amp you should get.
So if I get the Behringer with DSP , set the HPF at 20 Hz--- build a sub box tuned to 18 Hz ..... The sub will not play down to 18 Hz because of the limited HPF on the Behringer.

Sorry new at this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
recommend a tune in the 16-19 Hz range. The deeper the tune, the more cone excursion you'll get in the 20-35 Hz band. So if you are shooting for max slam/impact, tune to 19-20 Hz. If you are shooting for max extension (at the expense of some headroom in the 20-35 Hz band), tune to 16-17 Hz.

SVS got back to me with the above.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts