Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess who just ordered a new sub! Klipsch RW-12D has been replaced. I can't wait. Woo Hoo! My wife rocks. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You lucky guy :) You will be very pleased with its output.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife said she wants some love amongst the HTS fellas for being a "cool wife." I'm pretty excited Tony and not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
LOL, If she likes to watch movies with some really nice clean bottom end it will put a smile on both your faces. You will have to post pictures and let us know what you think :T

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can count on a full review. I've done much research this time around on my new sub purchase and really couldn't find anything negative. Inception brought out the shortcomings of my current sub. No more cringing. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Whats the ETA on the new sub?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure? I have yet to get my confirmation e-mail? I'm assuming it's because they're closed? Just placed the order 30 minutes ago.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
LOL, yup gotta wait till the morning. "try" to sleep it will come faster ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure I'll sleep all that soundly. So do you think the difference will be substantial? I really notice my sub on Inception.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I really do think it will be quite a difference, It will seem much deeper and effortless. And once its been broken in it will do even better.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's good to hear. I did a bit of selling to the wife and NEED some results when she finally shows up. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
its going to seem a bit big compared to what you have but it will be worth it :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Size won't be a problem. It's got a 4X4 spot where the old one sits. I would imagine I'll have to run Audyssey again?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, re run Audyssey again. It makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ALMFamily said:
I would say yes.

By the way, can I rent your wife?! :bigsmile: That's an awesome gift!
You just made her day. She was wanting some love for being a cool wife. However I'm sorry to say she's not available for rent. :(

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tonyvdb said:
Yes, re run Audyssey again. It makes a difference.
I figured I would have to. I'm so excited my weak link is on it's way out. This has been like a 3 month project of mentally working on her for the sub. Super 8 and Inception finally wore her down. The Klipsch just couldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ya, super 8 really hits hard during that train derailment hey :) Transformers DOTM is another sub crusher.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tonyvdb said:
Ya, super 8 really hits hard during that train derailment hey :) Transformers DOTM is another sub crusher.
For some reason the Klipsch never seemed to struggle with Transformers. Only Super 8 and Inception. It was really bad with Inception though. We just watched Real Steel and it was excellent with that also. I'll be selling the Klipsch here soon. I might just hook somebody up. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
That Klipsch would be fantastic for music in a two channel system or a small theater room setup. If I was closer i would even say I would like it as my livingroom system has a lousy yamaha sub that should get replaced.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts