Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think it does better than just ok with home theater. I'm just looking for better than ok. If you were close Tony I'd give you first dibs. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Your gonna have alot of sleepless nights ahead LOL

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Have fun ,I have 2 PC12-NSD's & I love them ,SVS Rulz !

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The Shack Staff will let it slide this time only :nono:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I look forward to your impressions... I've been thrilled to pieces with mine. Massive improvement over the Emotiva it replaced (which is nice for music, or in a smaller room, but really pathetic for movies in the new open floorplan living room). The Super 8 scene was the first one where my wife actually said to me: "Wow, we really do have a nice sound system, don't we?"

Took days for me to stop grinning after that one...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
KalaniP said:
I look forward to your impressions... I've been thrilled to pieces with mine. Massive improvement over the Emotiva it replaced (which is nice for music, or in a smaller room, but really pathetic for movies in the new open floorplan living room). The Super 8 scene was the first one where my wife actually said to me: "Wow, we really do have a nice sound system, don't we?"

Took days for me to stop grinning after that one...
That's awesome and I sure will give my impressions. The wife comment is like instant gratification and makes all of the money spent worthwhile. I've got a couple of my buddies hooked and spending on home theater setups. Some toe tapping wives also. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
onhope said:
Oh!...I and,you on the same boat.I am waitng for my baby,but tracking said it will be on 31, one day later than your.
Mine was in Ohio last I checked. :)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Jeff -

We really appreciate the order!

If you have any questions about set-up, calibration, running Audyssey, AVR settings - just give a shout out. As others have advised, definitely re-run Audyssey. Set the sub gain around 11 o'clock before starting, and afterward check the speaker size settings and set them all to Small with a speaker/sub crossover in each channel which is appropriate for the bass capabilities of the speaker channel in question.

If your AVR has a LPF for the LFE setting under the subwoofer menu, set that to 120 Hz.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ed Mullen said:
Jeff -

We really appreciate the order!

If you have any questions about set-up, calibration, running Audyssey, AVR settings - just give a shout out. As others have advised, definitely re-run Audyssey. Set the sub gain around 11 o'clock before starting, and afterward check the speaker size settings and set them all to Small with a speaker/sub crossover in each channel which is appropriate for the bass capabilities of the speaker channel in question.

If your AVR has a LPF for the LFE setting under the subwoofer menu, set that to 120 Hz.
Ed,
It's my pleasure and I will be sure to ask if any questions materialize during setup. Thank you for the offer of product support before it was even needed. I like the way you do business already.
Thanks again,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ed,
It's my pleasure and I will be sure to ask if any questions materialize during setup. Thank you for the offer of product support before it was even needed. I like the way you do business already.
Thanks again,
Jeff
You got it Jeff! Most of the questions we get in Tech Support revolve around upstream set-up rather than the subwoofer itself. There are many pitfalls to auto-set-up and AVR settings which can hurt overall system performance, so it's important to get these right in order to get the most performance from the subwoofer and the entire system.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ed Mullen said:
You got it Jeff! Most of the questions we get in Tech Support revolve around upstream set-up rather than the subwoofer itself. There are many pitfalls to auto-set-up and AVR settings which can hurt overall system performance, so it's important to get these right in order to get the most performance from the subwoofer and the entire system.
I will run Auddysey again when the PB-12 shows and see how it sounds. It did an excellent job with the old sub. If anything seems off I'll shoot you a message.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Did you get it yet? Post some pics when you do! If I didn't get such a great deal on my Outlaw sub, I'm pretty sure I would have purchased the PB12-NSD. I'm eager to see a review by Ricci :D

21 - 40 of 136 Posts