Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
gorb said:
Did you get it yet? Post some pics when you do! If I didn't get such a great deal on my Outlaw sub, I'm pretty sure I would have purchased the PB12-NSD. I'm eager to see a review by Ricci :D
Not yet! Suspense is killing me though! Every noise causes me to look out the front door.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Haha. That's how I am when I'm expecting something delivered. I just sit and read by the front door.

I don't know what the FedEx or UPS driver is thinking sometimes though. Every once in awhile they just leave a package and don't bother to ring the doorbell or even knock. Super annoying. I'm sure you'll hear them delivering your sub though :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
gorb said:
Haha. That's how I am when I'm expecting something delivered. I just sit and read by the front door.

I don't know what the FedEx or UPS driver is thinking sometimes though. Every once in awhile they just leave a package and don't bother to ring the doorbell or even knock. Super annoying. I'm sure you'll hear them delivering your sub though :)
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. They did that with my old Klipsch sub. The FedEx tracking info says signature required though.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. They did that with my old Klipsch sub. The FedEx tracking info says signature required though.
As long as they dont toss it over a fence or leave it at the door without a signature you will be fine I am sure ;)

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
As long as they dont toss it over a fence or leave it at the door without a signature you will be fine I am sure ;)
Or, someone else signs your name (and spells it wrong!) and the post allows it - eh Tony?! Of course, good luck lugging off over 100 lbs before Jeff catches up to them........ :boxer:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
:nono: :paddle:
they would not dare :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
tonyvdb said:
It's safely in my possession now. Trying to upload pics but it's saying the resolution is to high?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well my avatar is the pic for now. The website doesn't like the resolution of my pics I'm trying to upload. I'll return a bit later after I play with my toy to conquer the computer. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hooray :) Resize the photos before uploading by using a tool like irfanview (freeware and very handy imo), or just upload to a site like imageshack.us that offers resizing options.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Low pass on the back of the sub should be set to disable or highest setting correct?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The receiver will take care of all those settings, Make sure you re-run Audssey again.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
tonyvdb said:
The receiver will take care of all those settings, Make sure you re-run Audssey again.
Ok, I ran Audyssey again. It set the fronts at 40hz center at 60hz and surrounds at 100hz. Shouldn't they all be 80hz?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Audyssey is poo in my opinion when it comes to setting xovers for speakers. I would agree with changing them back to 80hz, but that of course depends on the capabilities of the speakers and how it sounds to you.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Last time (initial setup) it had all set to 80. I think I'm going to change it back to 80.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Ok, still tweaking but here is my initial assessment of the sub. Much smoother bass and not as boomy as the rw-12d. I still have some questions but I guess I'll save that for tomorrow. Overall though a very clean and controlled bass. I'm fairly confident I have yet to tap it's potential just yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh lucky Man, see you get it one day before my,maybe will arrived as tomorrow afternoon,but I am not lucky tobe home,to get excited waiting...I will be home at night tomorrow..Then may be as weekend I can tell my story..

41 - 60 of 136 Posts