Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Yes and it's a good thing because I really had it cranked. She did ask this morning if "we were done upgrading for awhile?"

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just laughed and said I really like those RF-7's and that rc-64. Her reply was "you've got to be kidding me!" :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
LOL Its a never ending trend to upgrade. I know the feeling :hide: :spend:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
ALMFamily said:
Good thing you put it out there - with that excellent wife of yours she may just go out and buy it for you! :bigsmile:
She's been a trooper that's for sure. I think I might really be done for awhile. 6 months from now maybe I'll test the waters. :)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Ive just finished reading this thread and i have some wisdom to share with you all. The golden rule with wives is this: It is better to appologise than ask permission.??

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
That's pretty sound advice. This has been a 1 year upgrade and I've yet to have to apologize yet. She actually initiated the sub upgrade which was a first. She said what was that on a couple movies recently when the old sub just couldn't do it. I looked at her and said I can tell you how we can take care of that. SHE paused the movie got her debit card from her purse and said "do what you have to do." I'm not sure exactly what happened after that because everything was a frantic blur. Now if I was to buy something like the RF-7's I might be apologizing. :)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Haha! No chance of the debit card coming out for me!! Subs are the one thing you need MORE than enough of. Its like a big V8 in a car. You may not need all that grunt all the time, but its always there when tou do!!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
biach said:
Haha! No chance of the debit card coming out for me!! Subs are the one thing you need MORE than enough of. Its like a big V8 in a car. You may not need all that grunt all the time, but its always there when tou do!!
It's the first time for it on the audio side. She did get the tv for me for Christmas though so I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Hi Jeff -

Sounds like you are having a great time with the PB12-NSD and it's exceeding your high expectations!

Just scanning the thread - yes - disable the low pass filter, re-run Audyssey, and set the on/auto switch to Auto (this will allow it to go into standby with green/low power draw).

You won't hurt the sub by overdriving it, as the limiter/compressor will protect the amp and woofer. With that said, if the limiter light is constantly flashing, that means you are exceeding the linear/uncompressed output capabilities of the system and compressing dynamic range. An occasional flicker of the limiter on the loudest peaks is fine though.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Ed Mullen said:
Hi Jeff -

Sounds like you are having a great time with the PB12-NSD and it's exceeding your high expectations!

Just scanning the thread - yes - disable the low pass filter, re-run Audyssey, and set the on/auto switch to Auto (this will allow it to go into standby with green/low power draw).

You won't hurt the sub by overdriving it, as the limiter/compressor will protect the amp and woofer. With that said, if the limiter light is constantly flashing, that means you are exceeding the linear/uncompressed output capabilities of the system and compressing dynamic range. An occasional flicker of the limiter on the loudest peaks is fine though.
The sub is great Ed and I couldn't be happier. Thank you for making such a great product.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
The sub is great Ed and I couldn't be happier. Thank you for making such a great product.
You are most welcome Jeff - we appreciate your support! It's threads like these which remind everyone at SVS why we're in this business - to put a smile on the faces of our customers (that, and making them stay up til 3 AM replaying all of their favorite DVDs). :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Ed Mullen said:
You are most welcome Jeff - we appreciate your support! It's threads like these which remind everyone at SVS why we're in this business - to put a smile on the faces of our customers (that, and making them stay up til 3 AM replaying all of their favorite DVDs). :devil:
Awesome! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the new SVS sub. SVS is one of the best AVS companies to do buisness with and their products are second to none. I was like a kid in a candy shop when my PB-13Ultra showed up and I must say that going this route was the best purchase I've ever made in my AVS life.

P.S. you have a cool wife.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
beyond 1000 said:
Congrats on the new SVS sub. SVS is one of the best AVS companies to do buisness with and their products are second to none. I was like a kid in a candy shop when my PB-13Ultra showed up and I must say that going this route was the best purchase I've ever made in my AVS life.

P.S. you have a cool wife.
The sub is great and has far exceeded what I expected. The wife is amazing though and without her the sub wouldn't be half as cool. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Have you done some movie watching with your wife? What are her thoughts?

81 - 100 of 136 Posts