Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
tonyvdb said:
Have you done some movie watching with your wife? What are her thoughts?
Oh yes we have Tony. We watched Drive with Ryan Gosling and let me tell you…serious low frequency bass in the crash scenes! She just would look at me and put her hand on my arm. Soon to follow would be the words "wow" several times. She was impressed! I tried to upload some pics following the advice given and all I was able to upload was my tv riser that houses the center channel. Sorry, I went off topic there but yes we are both very impressed. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Thats good to "hear", seems like she agrees it was a "sound" investment (no pun intended) LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the PB12 plus on the way as well, expected to arrive tomorrow,:bigsmile: can't wait to share the experience!! It's like the night before Christmas :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Bass Hz said:
I have the PB12 plus on the way as well, expected to arrive tomorrow,:bigsmile: can't wait to share the experience!! It's like the night before Christmas :bigsmile:
I know the feeling. Still amazed at how good it sounds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lets see some pics of it. So far i am very happy with my PB12 NSD.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
CHASLS2 said:
Lets see some pics of it. So far i am very happy with my PB12 NSD.
I've tried uploading pics but for some reason having a tough time. Each time I try it says the file is to large. Somewhat computer illiterate. :(

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I've tried uploading pics but for some reason having a tough time. Each time I try it says the file is to large. Somewhat computer illiterate. :(
On your camera make sure that the picture size setting is 3.2mp that should be small enough to upload here.

·
Registered
459 Posts
JBrax said:
Rather than uploading it directly here, use a free image host like www.imageshack.us and upload it there. They'll then give you forum code that you can paste right in here, no muss, no fuss.

Images uploaded directly(here, and the same on similar boards) use up a chunk of the VERY limited space allotment for each user for attachments. A single 3.2 mega pixel image (which is WAY bigger than the small size that gets displayed onscreen) can use up your entire allotment!

A good size for images uploaded directly here is probably 800x600 pixels, or perhaps 1024x768 pixels... 1280x1024 pixels at the most (which is smaller than the 1600x1200 pixels of a 2 megapixel image). You're not trying to print perfect prints, it's onscreen, which doesn't need as large. You only need something big enough to fill a decent portion of the screen... Anything more than that is only good for cropping, editing and printing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I hope you send ye joists where they belongeth. This is a nice unit and well designed and built. Movies at your place will not be boring that's for sure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like you're using the option for a link to a thumbnail, rather than the direct link to the image, which is what you used the first time. Still works, we just have to click it rather coming up directly in the thread.

That said, very nice setup! I'll have to take some more shot of my system, but the new TV comes in Monday, so it'll have to wait a bit longer...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
KalaniP said:
Looks like you're using the option for a link to a thumbnail, rather than the direct link to the image, which is what you used the first time. Still works, we just have to click it rather coming up directly in the thread.

That said, very nice setup! I'll have to take some more shot of my system, but the new TV comes in Monday, so it'll have to wait a bit longer...
Not exactly sure what I did different? Like I said I'm fairly illiterate with computers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How are you liking your pb12 now that you've had more time with it? I'm thinking of getting one soon. I'd like a VTF-15 but the wife might freak out about the size...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
TheLaw612 said:
How are you liking your pb12 now that you've had more time with it? I'm thinking of getting one soon. I'd like a VTF-15 but the wife might freak out about the size...
Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush in answering your question. I have yet to encounter a movie that the PB12 has delivered anything but clean and crisp bass extension. Having upgraded from a Klipsch rw-12d which I felt at times was boomy and also experienced some bouts of port chuffing. I run the sub a bit hot from what Audyssey had it set at (+5) and have never seen the limiter light come on. After re-watching WOTW and 9 I fully expected to see it and never did. I've made several upgrades in the last 6 months and feel the SVS sub may have made the biggest overall impact. Followed closely by my 809.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts