Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll end up getting the PB12 over the VTF-15. I love that SVS has the trade up policy so if I am craving more slam in the future I'll upgrade to the Plus within a year. I think the "smaller" size of the PB12 will go over easier with my wife. She enjoys the effects but doesn't enjoy seeing a huge sub in the room. I don't have a huge room so I'm hoping one PB12 will be plenty. I'm coming from a small 10" BIC so anything will be a huge upgrade.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
One fills my room just fine though I only have 2 seating positions to worry about. I think you would be very pleased with the PB12 as it is a great sub.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll end up getting the PB12 over the VTF-15. I love that SVS has the trade up policy so if I am craving more slam in the future I'll upgrade to the Plus within a year. I think the "smaller" size of the PB12 will go over easier with my wife. She enjoys the effects but doesn't enjoy seeing a huge sub in the room. I don't have a huge room so I'm hoping one PB12 will be plenty. I'm coming from a small 10" BIC so anything will be a huge upgrade.
Coming from a 10" BIC, a single PB12 will blow your mind. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
War of the Worlds was in my mailbox when I got home today. After the KU game tonight I'm going to try my darnedest to get that limiter light to come on the PB12. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think I am going to go ahead and order the pb12 with the hope of upgrading to the plus within a year. Hopefully the wife will be on board with the plan...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
TheLaw612 said:
I think I am going to go ahead and order the pb12 with the hope of upgrading to the plus within a year. Hopefully the wife will be on board with the plan...
If you could have heard the PB12 last night while playing WOTW you'd have been on the phone ordering one. It was unreal and sounded/felt amazing. My wife was impressed and smiled almost the entire movie.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Since we are going to be moving soon, the wife has requested that I wait to order any new equipment until we move into the new place. Waiting for new stuff, especially a new sub, is so hard.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
TheLaw612 said:
Since we are going to be moving soon, the wife has requested that I wait to order any new equipment until we move into the new place. Waiting for new stuff, especially a new sub, is so hard.
Requests can be denied yes? Ok, maybe not and it might be the "responsible" decision to wait. Moving stinks enough without throwing another 80 lb box into the mix. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want to ask owners of the pb12 plus if it's possible to add a pc 12 to my system? Im looking to find out if there is going to be tuning issues conflicting due to the cylinder design versus the box enclosure. Recently I realized I should have went with the cylinder (pc12) in the first place, due to the weight difference and footprint. Any input or ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I want to ask owners of the pb12 plus if it's possible to add a pc 12 to my system? Im looking to find out if there is going to be tuning issues conflicting due to the cylinder design versus the box enclosure. Recently I realized I should have went with the cylinder (pc12) in the first place, due to the weight difference and footprint. Any input or ideas are appreciated.
If you mean a PC12+, they should work fine together. They are both tunable to the same frequency, and the differences in internal volume produce a minimal difference in max output (you won't be able to notice it). If you mean a PC12-NSD, they will probably work, but may present a few more challenges.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you I did mean the pc12+ and not the nsd. I'm coming to this realization due to a classified ad selling one for $800, and even though I'm not in the market for one the price is more reasonable than I thought it would be. Definitely an addition for when I get my setup out of the bedroom and into a dedicated area. My other question is would I need the processor included with the legato package?

·
Registered
218 Posts
No, you don't need any additional processors. You can just use a Y-splitter if your AVR has a single LFE output. Newer AVR's have dual LFE out, and some have advanced room correction technology that can equalize for two subs, but the vast majority of people have very effective/enjoyable systems with a $2 splitter and a bit of care in placing the subs.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes sir I sure did! Throughout the emergence scene though I had my system turned up extremely loud. Never did the sub act out of control.
:eek: , how loud is extremely :scratch: , not sure I want the answer. Glad to read that last part :T

121 - 136 of 136 Posts