Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The Polk is pretty good for the money, and as Jim said good mid bass output, for even a medium sized room. However, below 30hz, it rolls off pretty quickly. This will leave for wanting on action movies with deep stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I assume you mean PB as in PB1000.
I did consider the sb2k. It's a fantastic little sub, and I think it would do good in that space. I'd call SVS and ask Ed since he's intimately familiar with both, and could tell you the differences with total certainty. IMO? Yes it would be better. For my own taste? I'd go with the PC2k. I just like everything a little above what's necessary. Future proofing?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Yeah. Multiple subs offer the potential to smooth the response at the LP. In that size room two PB1000's would be plenty. I saw budget is open but what's the actual limit?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I Agee with Jim here. A pb2k is the minimum sub I'd purchase for that much space. If you're on concrete, it's that much worse(not sure if you are). I had an sb2k and it's fantastic and small. I think it's not enough for 3000cuft either. As far as WAF goes, don't forget that it's your space too. I remind myself that periodically, however we have 7.3 in our living room so I've use up a lot of WAF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.