·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manufacturer: SV Sound
Model: PB13-Ultra
Provided by: SV Sound
Manufacturer link: SV Sound, L-Sound
Price: 1630-1751 EUR, 1499-1699 USD (+shipping)

Manufacturer specs:
• Exclusive SVS Ultra-13" high-output woofer
• 750 watt BASH amp with room compensation
• Computer Assisted Design (CAD) enclosure
• Front-firing configuration with co-located vents
• Distinctive magnetic SVS grill and badging
• "Stackable" form factor allows easy dual subs
• 3.5" high-flow flared ports CURVE (TM) tuning
• Assembled in the Ohio SVS factory
• Choice of wood veneers, gloss or textured black
• Selectable Sealed, 20Hz, 15Hz or 10Hz modes
• +/- 3 dB 18 Hz-150 Hz (anechoic) in 20hz mode
• Size: Approx. 27” D x 20.5 " W x 22" H (w/o grill)
• Warranty: 3 year "bumper to bumper" coverage
• Support: Free 7 day/week customer service
• Weight: 155 pounds

Configuration as tested:
Phase: 0 degrees
Crossover: Bypassed
Subsonic filter: Sealed (three port plugs)
Room Compensation: Off
Orientation: Woofer facing the mic

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

+/- 3 dB points: 20.5 Hz - 55 Hz (crossover min)

+/- 3 dB points: 20.5 Hz - 147 Hz (crossover max)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: SVS PB13-Ultra sealed *new*

That's a pretty capable driver they have created, very impressive.
It really is Steve. I just had to try a couple out and was very impressed!! Not at just the raw power, but the SQ.

·
Registered
291 Posts

OK Stephen:praying: It's a hobby that isn't as expensive as what others might take up considering resell into the mix. There's knowing:reading: and then there's knowing:heehee:

·
Registered
316 Posts

The driver appears to be on the same level of performance as the JL W7 driver. Very few drivers achieve this level of performance. I wonder, what is the price for a 'replacement' SVS Ultra 13 driver? :)

-Chris

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

That driver was designed in part at least by Stephan P. who used to work for TC Sounds, so the performance is not surprising to me. probably has a useable, real 30-35mm xmax and seems to be a soft bottom design also :T.

·
Registered
533 Posts

It is a very nice performing driver....

I have heard some news that SVS will be making some sealed subs, and I can't wait to see what they come up with. They will be creating completely new drivers for them...

From what I have heard they are poised to stomp the competition

·
Banned
1,131 Posts

I have heard some news that SVS will be making some sealed subs, and I can't wait to see what they come up with. They will be creating completely new drivers for them...

I have heard similar news. If the drivers used are of similar quality to that found in the Ultra they will stomp the competition!

·
Registered
95 Posts

Oh man! Just when I though I was out...They pull me back in! :hissyfit:

·
Registered
291 Posts

-it anyway!:time-out: That makes my next DIY project a no brainer then. It will NOT be a sealed.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
275 Posts

Thankfully, I can say I won't be participating in the madness this go round.... :spend: The PC13 Ultra is plenty for now.

New mains are more in my future, ... then, maybe a 4x Fi18 + EP2500 IB. Ooooooooo. :eek:

Tim
:drive:

·
Registered
291 Posts

The PC13 Ultra is plenty for now.
I certainly can understand that!
New mains are more in my future, ... then, maybe a 4x Fi18 + EP2500 IB. Ooooooooo.:eek:
Oh no! I have always considered you one of the more sane individuals here on the Forums Tim. What mains are you thinking of though?

·
Registered
275 Posts

You're very kind Steve. Thank you. Your perspective has always been a great benefit to the community.

As to choice of mains, that's a discussion to come on another day in a more related thread. Cough....Ascend 340SE's(?)....cough. :huh:

As the to IB idea, the physics, economics and simplicity just make a whole lotta sense, and I have an adjoining utility room that's a little over 20x the Vas of 4 Fi18 drivers. Also, a friend of mine is a finish carpenter who would be happy to help me with building and installing the manifold correctly.

Tim
:drive:

·
Registered
291 Posts

As the to IB idea, the physics, economics and simplicity just make a whole lotta sense, and I have an adjoining utility room that's a little over 20x the Vas of 4 Fi18 drivers. Also, a friend of mine is a finish carpenter who would be happy to help me with building and installing the manifold correctly.

Tim
Thanks Tim. Sounds like a very nice project. I look forward to your impressions.. and think you deserve the best bass you can achieve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.