Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[img]http://www.hometheatershack.com/gallery/file.php?n=10283&w=s[/img]
SVS PB13-Ultra Subwoofer

SVS has become reference a for subwoofer performance among music and HT enthusiasts, thanks to excellent design, performance, and value. Their flagship PB13-Ultra offers lots more than your average sub, and plays a big part in upholding the brand’s reputation for incredible products. If no-compromise bass performance is what you are looking for, this may be the sub for you.

Read The Full Review

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Great review.:T

Funny... you say having one of these will give you a "real movie theater experience." I'd argue that it gives you a "WAY better than" movie theater experience!:devil:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Agreed. I have 2 PB13 Ultras and performance is amazing and way better then movie theaters

·
Registered
910 Posts
I setup my dedicated HT 6 years ago. Have not gone to Movie theater in 6 years. Don't see the need.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
A second one is on my "wish list" but I dont think I will ever be able to afford it. The one I have is amazing but my room is over 4000 cubic ft so a second one would be nice. :hsd:
There aren't many subs out there than can compete.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My room is 3200 cubic feet and my dual pb13 ultras really smooth out the lower frequencies. Yeah if the footprint was smaller I would certainly have more placement opportunities but I wouldn't trade my subs for smaller subs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the review, this SVS sub is pretty high on my list for a new sub.
Any idea how it would compare to the SVS dual cylinder Legato setup? They are somewhat close in price and I was thinking that it might provide a better home theater experience.

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the review, this SVS sub is pretty high on my list for a new sub.
Any idea how it would compare to the SVS dual cylinder Legato setup? They are somewhat close in price and I was thinking that it might provide a better home theater experience.
I have not personally heard the Legato dual cylinder setup in person, but hopefully someone who has can add their experience. The SVS subs I have heard all performed extremely well for both music and movies, so I doubt you'd be disappointed with either option.

One advantage of using multiple subs would be better response throughout your room, i.e. more even regardless of where you are seated. Another thing to consider is the amount of floor space required for the different setups. The PB13 is very deep.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the review. As the size of the PB Ultra isn't very wife friendly, I purchased the SB13-Ultra. Love its musicality which I believe is superior to the PB, and though I know the PB has more out-put, can't say I miss it. If I had more space....

Haven't heard an SVS that I wasn't impressed with yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same here. The PB13 is indeed a beast but the SB13 is an excellent sub and a great choice.
Even my SVS PB10-NSD was impressive. Matched or beat the subs I'd heard from other manufacturers going for double or more the price!

I'm interested in how their new entry level PB and SB-1000 sound. Are there any good reviews out there yet?

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even my SVS PB10-NSD was impressive. Matched or beat the subs I'd heard from other manufacturers going for double or more the price!

I'm interested in how their new entry level PB and SB-1000 sound. Are there any good reviews out there yet?
I'm also interested in the PB-1000 and SB-1000. I have not come across any reviews yet, but hopefully HTS will get a chance to review one or both of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm also interested in the PB-1000 and SB-1000. I have not come across any reviews yet, but hopefully HTS will get a chance to review one or both of them.
Yes. As I said, I was very impressed with my PB10-NSD which was their previous entry level sub. If the nedw ones perform anywhere near the PB10, and I'd expect them to at least come very close, I'd have no reservations about recommending them to anyone looking to get into an SVS for the first time!

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes. As I said, I was very impressed with my PB10-NSD which was their previous entry level sub. If the nedw ones perform anywhere near the PB10, and I'd expect them to at least come very close, I'd have no reservations about recommending them to anyone looking to get into an SVS for the first time!
Absolutely - an SVS sub for $500 sounds like a no-brainer!

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is the sub that defines 'the edge' between DIY and commercial. Flexible, competent and well-built while still providing a good value. I am a big fan of variable tuning.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts