Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is for Peter L or anybody that can help. I have my system set up for movie watching only. I don't listen to music. I have the 13 Ultra on the basic setup with the 16hz configuration (one port plug). I would like to take full advantage of the Parametric Equalizers of this unit.

Would it make as much a difference on 5.1 as with 2 channel music in improving the performance if I went for the adjustments? Also, how difficult or involved would it be to get this done correctly? Would it be better for me to get a professional calibrator (set-up guy) to come in and do this?

I would really like to get the most out of my investment.

Thank you

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
This is for Peter L or anybody that can help. I have my system set up for movie watching only. I don't listen to music. I have the 13 Ultra on the basic setup with the 16hz configuration (one port plug). I would like to take full advantage of the Parametric Equalizers of this unit. Would it make as much a difference on 5.1 as with 2 channel music in improving the performance if I went for the adjustments? Also, how difficult or involved would it be to get this done correctly? Would it be better for me to get a professional calibrator (set-up guy) to come in and do this? I would really like to get the most out of my investment. Thank you
Regardless of your primary use (movies or music) it is definitely worth the trouble to properly set up and sub. The parametric EQ can help correct the effects of your roll acoustics on the actual response of your sub. Without measurements though it would take a lot of guess work. Do you have the means to take measurements or have you checked out our Room EQ Wizard forum? Depending on the cost of professional calibration, I would suggest investing the money in a microphone (miniDSP UMIK-1 for example) instead and try it yourself. Lots of people on the forum here could help you through the process. If you do end up having it done professionally just remember you're the one that needs to enjoy it, not the setup guy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree...I tried to figure out the best placement & eq with a BFD using a rat shack sound level meter & got nowhere. Using REW is the ticket. It's a bit of a learning curve, but it becomes very quick & easy to verify placement, treatments & eq.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the best review about SVS PB-13.

I have recently upgraded and one of the best decision of my life.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts