Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

SVS PC13 Ultra

Tags
pc13 ultra
14K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Jon Liu 
#1 ·
Maybe i'm mistaken but as of yet i haven't found a svs pc 13 ultra test/review on this forum which i find very odd so cn anyone point me in the right direction or explain why this is?

#29 ·
Hi Guys, the previous pc13 ultra i had when i started this thread i have now sold, i now have a pb 13 ultra and i have to say i prefer the sound of the pb 13 ultra. Supposedly the pc and the pb have near enough the same response on pen and paper yet from my experience of now owning both of them they sound completely different. Apparently the pc version has a slightly higher spl which i'll never know as i haven't maxed out either of them, but the pb version sounds a lot tighter, more controlled, goes lower down in hz and doesn't sound bloated like the pc version. If you haven't listened or compared the two subs then you'll never know the differences but on the flip side i reckon the pc version integrates slightly better when it comes to listening to music and it also seemed more placement friendly in my listening room. I would still like to see a review of the pc13 ultra on this forum and i think its safe to say i'm not standing alone!!!

#30 ·
Well good to know you found what you were looking for, but on paper, the PB13-Ultra beats out the PC-Ultra by about 1-2dB on output alone.

Also, I'm sure you already played with the location of your sub, but that could've attributed to the sound you were getting with the PC-Ultra.

Either way, congrats on the new PB13-Ultra!

#31 ·
I currently have a SVS 20-39PC+. Looking for a bit more bass omph and better integration with music. I find the 20-39 a bit muddy (for lack of a better word) when listening to music. Would the PC Ultra be an improvement in those areas over the 20-39? Due to space limitations, PB13 Ultra wouldn't work for me, thus the consideration of the PC13.

#33 ·
I agree with John. Ultra drivers have always been a nice improvement over the Plus series drivers. I'm not sure which generation Plus you have, but this current version of the Ultra is in another league in itself. If you are looking for more oomph, believe it will provide it very nicely for you. The Ultra is very musical as well. Hard hitting and fast. One of the nice things, although it doesn't necessarily work for everyone, is the ability to put the sub into 'Sealed' mode to tighten up the bass even further. Of course, this reduces output, but it's worth trying out, if you end up getting the Ultra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.