• Built-in 425 watt BASH (R) amp with PEQ
• CAD design, CNC cut hand-built enclosure
• Front-firing sealed design, recessed driver
• Compliant floor mounts, low center of gravity
• Room compensation control for optimal response
• Assembled and tested in the Ohio SVS factory
• Extra heavy-duty detachable 8 foot power cord
• Five finishes with intricately rounded corners
• Magnetic grill retainers (premium finishes only)
• Industry leading response (+/- 3dB 22 Hz-150 Hz)
• Size: Approx. 15” deep x 14" wide x 14" high, 35 cm wide x 35 cm high x 37.5 cm deep
• Weight: 40 pounds, 18 kg

Configuration as tested:
Phase: 0 degrees
Crossover: Bypassed
Room compensation control: Bypassed
Orientation: Woofer facing the mic

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ilkka,

is it possible to add the pros and cons for this sub? I think I am not so good in interpreting all the results as you are.

I think this sub has as good frequency response for smaller rooms. But is it accurate and "fast" enough for music use?

Thanks in advance
AyGee

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ilkka,

is it possible to add the pros and cons for this sub? I think I am not so good in interpreting all the results as you are.

I think this sub has as good frequency response for smaller rooms. But is it accurate and "fast" enough for music use?

Thanks in advance
AyGee
Hi AyGee,

I have posted some quick comments over here.

The whole accurate and fast issue has more to do with the subwoofer setup, room acoustics and speaker/sub integration than the subwoofer itself. Meaning that the room your listening in or the setup you're using may make the subwoofer/bass frequencies sound slow and inaccurate, and that isn't directly the subwoofer's fault. I always recommend people to measure the low frequency response of their setup/room so that they know what is going on down there. If your room has a strong modal resonance for example at 50 Hz, every unequalized subwoofer in that room will sound slow and inaccurate, no matter if it's an SVS or a Velodyne. A frequency response measuring system and a good parametric EQ are very important things to buy when dreaming of a good sounding subwoofer/system.

The SVS SB12-Plus is definitely accurate and fast enough for any kind of music or with any kind of speakers. It doesn't have the deepest extension nor the highest output due to the physical limitations (very small enclosure), but it is still a very good subwoofer. Two of them would make a great stereo subwoofer system even for a larger space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.