Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right gang! Lookat what was waiting on me this afternoon! One more before I really start taking things apart in the Temple of Boom!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
If they sound as good as they look this is going to be a sweet review :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Wow, I have been anticipating this review. Can't wait for you to dig in & give us the skinny.

Did you ask if this set was for a give away after the review :whistling:?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looking forward to the review. Are you planning on doing a complete system review with the SB13-Ultra as well, or "just" the 5.0?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking forward to the review. Are you planning on doing a complete system review with the SB13-Ultra as well, or "just" the 5.0?
Yes sir I am! I still have the one tested in The Sub Zone as well as the PB-13 Ultra so it will be a pretty in depth review.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Beautiful speakers, inside and out. Can't wait for impressions.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow keeping fingers crossed on this review.
BTW they look awesome.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't know why is its, but I always seem to have issues with images not appearing on this forum.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes sir I am! I still have the one tested in The Sub Zone as well as the PB-13 Ultra so it will be a pretty in depth review.
That's exciting to hear. I currently have dual PB13's, but find myself thinking about what differences I may experience with the smaller SB13's. Obviously less output, but I'd gain flexibility in set up locations. A review comparing the same speaker set (which I am also debating getting myself), along with the two sub options I am debating is like manna.

I'm looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The design reminds me of some of the AV123 designs from years back with some Thiel thrown in, especially in the towers. I can't wait to hear them.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Very interested in a review on the Ultras. If they are anything close to the quality of their subs I could see them flying into people's homes.

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Surprisingly, the reviewer wasn't a big fan of the center channel. That's a pretty important link in the chain.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Surprisingly, the reviewer wasn't a big fan of the center channel. That's a pretty important link in the chain.
Agreed. He preferred substituting an Ultra Book shelf speaker for the centre channel and found the Book Shelf sounded more consistent with the Ultra Towers. The good news is he really enjoyed the Ultra Towers. You should probably read more then one review and perhaps audition these speakers for yourself to get the real goods.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Agreed. He preferred substituting an Ultra Book shelf speaker for the centre channel and found the Book Shelf sounded more consistent with the Ultra Towers. The good news is he really enjoyed the Ultra Towers. You should probably read more then one review and perhaps audition these speakers for yourself to get the real goods.
Definitely agree both listening for yourself and reading more than one review is important.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts