Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Being lucky shouldnt exclude you from any of the giveaways. Personally, Id like to see you win again, just to see someone defy the odds. Guess thats your call, it wouldnt be mine tho :devil:

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
But you know how it is...,some will criticize you no matter what you do. While others will support and defend you until..., while the majority aren't even paying attention because they are so involved with their own stuff.

I will say this, "Well after winning all those speakers (a room full) he definitely needed room tuning and that stuff is expensive, I would have gone for it."

The choice is yours but I hope you don't feel bad about winning. Don't be a martyr..., you don't need the sub but you could use the room tuning kit, right.

Don't listen to me...

Greg

·
Registered
730 Posts
But you know how it is...,some will criticize you no matter what you do. While others will support and defend you until..., while the majority aren't even paying attention because they are so involved with their own stuff.

I will say this, "Well after winning all those speakers (a room full) he definitely needed room tuning and that stuff is expensive, I would have gone for it."

The choice is yours but I hope you don't feel bad about winning. Don't be a martyr..., you don't need the sub but you could use the room tuning kit, right.

Don't listen to me...

Greg
my house is over 100 years old. I have many smaller rooms. Like my livingroom has pocket doors deviding it into two. I have 6 rooms on my first floor counting the kitchen. Then on my 2nd floor i have 5 bedrooms and a bathroom. I really don't have room for a room tuning kit. I thought about going up to my 3rd floor and finishing off the other half that is unfinished. It would make a room around 39 foot by 14 foot. with a pitched celling going anywere from 12 or 14 foot down to the corner off to the side or so. My roof is freaky it has a flat area in the center before it goes down. As you can see it already has some windows up there. as you see the front of the house the unfinished area i have is on the left side of the house. there is also an area in the back of the house that isn't fixed up into a room.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations Jason! What an awesome prize to win. Please be sure to do a review with pictures inclueded when you get a chance on your new speakers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations! Surely you'll enjoy your new speakers. Especially, with the twin subs and the AS EQ1. What a nice package. I am imperssed with all the giveaways, here. Maybe, I need to start participating.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congratulations! Surely you'll enjoy your new speakers. Especially, with the twin subs and the AS EQ1. What a nice package. I am imperssed with all the giveaways, here. Maybe, I need to start participating.
Thats a good idea leej. Some of them like this one you had to be more active then lost of other ones with having to post 10 post a month for many months. I am still waiting on my prize. I am not even sure when it's coming or if it's even shipped yet. Everytime I hear something I am looking outside to see if its fedex or ups or whoever.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats Jason. Have fun breaking them in :clap:
Thanks collije. Keep an active account and you may win a contest. I am sure they will have more big giveaways. I saw them give away all kinds of cool stuff since I joined the shack. like high end bluray players, amps, speakers, and other items. to many to list off. Every time you turn around they are having another giveaway.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It's been over a week since I heard I won. I am wondering if they have even been shipped yet. I haven't received any package tracking or anything. Everytime I hear something outside I keep looking to see if its ups / fedex or any other shipper. I hate waiting, I'm getting very impatient. :foottap: lol I just can't wait to get them. I just wonder what they will sound like.

These will be my first high end speakers. Its going to be hard to write a review when I can only compare them to lower end systems. Of course they are going to sound great so I'm guessing I can truely say they will be the best sounding system I ever heard.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The speakers came today!!!!! UPS guy told me he was hoping I was home because he said he couldn't make any other deliveries until he got all these boxes out of the way. I am about a half a mile from the ups hub. They were here at 9am this morning. Normally I have to wait until 5pm for them to come.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have it all hooked up now. I had to go out and buy long RCA cable to hook up the powered subwoofers. It's fun finding them long enough. I started to wright my review and will post it when I am done. I am thinking I should send it to sonnie or someone else on the forums to prof read it. I don't trust myself. :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hope you take your time with the review. Dont feel bad about the lack of cables in your area either, I cant find any length in my town. Its also a joy living in florida in that regard as almost all the decent interconnect dealers are in far off california and I always seem to have a order "on the way." In a pinch Ill go to my local radio shack and pay way too much for way too little...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know just what you mean. I always buy extra stuff when ordering from the online dealers, thinking I'm saving money not buying from local retailers. But then my neighbors and firends always seem to need everything, before I get to ues them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hope you take your time with the review. Dont feel bad about the lack of cables in your area either, I cant find any length in my town. Its also a joy living in florida in that regard as almost all the decent interconnect dealers are in far off california and I always seem to have a order "on the way." In a pinch Ill go to my local radio shack and pay way too much for way too little...
Thats what I had to do. I bought ends at radio shack and then went to lowes and bought speaker wire by the foot and made my own interconnect cables. What fun!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know just what you mean. I always buy extra stuff when ordering from the online dealers, thinking I'm saving money not buying from local retailers. But then my neighbors and firends always seem to need everything, before I get to ues them.
It's funny reading this post as I run into the same situation. Since I order all my cables from MP I end up getting 3 different lengths in case I don't know which one will work the best.

Right now I have at least a dozen extra misc. cables and as you said, inevitably a neighbor or friend needs one. They're so cost effective, I usually just give it to them know that "what goes around, comes around". That and I hate to see people pay $50 for a cable they can get for $6.

Good luck on that review Jason. I for one am looking forward to it.

Rob

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I had a chance to read it before it was taken down, good review Jason and glad youre so happy with the new system. I dont recall you being specific on your model sony, but I know when I recently went from a low to mid-range sony to a marantz 7002 (shortly thereafter returned and upgraded to my current onkyo 3007) my acoustimas system really came to life. Im sure your upgrades will come over time but never underestimate the power of a good receiver (especially if your current doesnt support the latest lossless formats). Basically if you think youre impressed now just wait till you upgrade your receiver!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had a chance to read it before it was taken down, good review Jason and glad youre so happy with the new system. I dont recall you being specific on your model sony, but I know when I went from a mid-range sony to a marantz 7002 (shortly thereafter returned and upgraded to my current onkyo 3007) my acoustimas system really came to life. Im sure your upgrades will come over time but never underestimate the power of a good receiver (especially if your current doesnt support the latest lossless formats). Basically if you think youre impressed now just wait till you upgrade your receiver!
Thats why I was letting people know I dont have a high end receiver. I am sure an upgraded receiver would really impress me even more.

I took it down myself since I found the review area of the forums. I wanted to make sure it was in the right area.

Nothing like using speakers worth over 3 grand with a receiver you bought at the good will for 10 dollars. lol

41 - 60 of 63 Posts