Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I had made a small donation a few days after getting here 11/4/10. I had to read the rules about 40 times to finally figure out (earlier this month) I am qualified. Unless your going to tell me I still need posts for every month. Because lately it seems to read differently to me again. I'll know for sure after I win..., I am qualified.

Greg

Here's the rule:

You MUST have an additional 10 posts from December 1 to December 31, 2010.

I was just following up on what you said on December 31st:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/svsound/35802-svsound-5-2-s-series-system-eq1-giveaway-7.html#post333543

I am not saying, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh sub crazy is right. You only had 6 post in dec. and it doesn't have an exception for suporting members. So i guess that means there are only 17 enteries into the contest. Sorry to see it looks like your not qualified Gregr.

I was looking threw the people that are left and spartanstew only had 9 post for dec also. so i guess that means they are not qaulified also. that would drop it down to 16 enteries.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Exception: Supporting Members may obtain their 25 posts + the additional required posts during the qualification period provided you donated prior to November 7, 2010.I know I get tripped up every time I read that page.. But the quote above is the line that puts me back in the game. I believe that line says it all.

Right??? I do not want to assume anything. Maybe the way I see it is not the intended result. But it does say...,???

Greg

·
Registered
730 Posts
Exception: Supporting Members may obtain their 25 posts + the additional required posts during the qualification period provided you donated prior to November 7, 2010.

I know I get tripped up every time I read that page.. But the quote above is the line that puts me back in the game. I believe that line says it all.

Right??? I do not want to assume anything. Maybe the way I see it is not the intended result. But it does say...,???

Greg
Right but you didnt obtain 10 post in dec. that means you can get your 25 post after the contest start but you also have to make your 10 post each of the months. It doesnt says there is an exception and you dont need 10 post per month.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Jason is correct... if you only had 6 posts in December, you will not qualify.

The 10 posts in December is part of ..."the additional required posts during the qualification period".

The only exception that the donating member status gave you was the initial 25 posts required, the additional required posts still had to be met... as stated.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
To clarify... here is what "the additional required posts during the qualification period" are:

• You MUST have an additional 10 posts from November 10 to November 30, 2010.
  • You MUST have an additional 10 posts from December 1 to December 31, 2010.
  • You MUST have an additional 10 posts from January 1 to January 31, 2011.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Jason is correct... if you only had 6 posts in December, you will not qualify.

The 10 posts in December is part of ..."the additional required posts during the qualification period".

The only exception that the donating member status gave you was the initial 25 posts required, the additional required posts still had to be met... as stated.
I thought I was. It's good to find out that I can be right. With the misses I am never allowed to me right.:joke: From what she says I am always wrong. I only found the two enteries that look not to qualifi. That just tells you I have to much time on my hands that I was looking into seeing if everyone really qaulified.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I am fine with whatever Sonny says, he's the boss man.

It was just the constant back and forth that had me question your eligibility, it's not for me to say though, just thought I would shine a light.

If you win then I will make sure and offer up a hearty congrats!

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I added the last post prior to seeing the additional posts. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
But.. But..., But??? The qualification period is not only August thru October but includes Nov.,Dec. and Jan..., didn't we all joke about "qualifying" at the start. I don't know. Like I said, "I don't want to assume that the way I see this is the intended result." I'm the new guy. If Sonnie or you all do not think I should qualify and that could be, then that is that. I would like to hear the explanation of how this all works though.

Well here I am again. Each time I get to the point of believing I do qualify I say "Na" it does not feel right. Does not feel right when I think about all of the work you do throughout the days weeks and months..., but then I say to myself, "self..., when you look around here there are not many people who are actually contributing to the bottom line $$$ like I did" I will admit it wasn't much but I felt that was what needed to be done and maybe Sonnie intends to use that as an example (Opps its a random drawing) and why it is set up in the way I see it now. But I'm the new guy..., I don't know. I hope this reads right this time...:dontknow::crying::T

Good luck all!!!:crying: I am qualified :boxer::boxer:

Greg

Greg

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
[*]Qualification period is from November 10, 2010 through February 10, 2011.
Qualifying members must already be registered and already have 25 posts as of October 31, 2010 to qualify.
Exception: Supporting Members may obtain their 25 posts + the additional required posts during the qualification period provided you donated prior to November 7, 2010.
[*]You MUST have been active and have posted between August 1, 2010 and October 31, 2010.
Exception: Not Required for Supporting Members who donated prior to November 7, 2010.
The defense Rests!!!

Greg

·
Registered
730 Posts
But.. But..., But??? The qualification period is not only August thru October but includes Nov.,Dec. and Jan..., didn't we all joke about "qualifying" at the start. I don't know. Like I said, "I don't want to assume that the way I see this is the intended result." I'm the new guy. If Sonnie or you all do not think I should qualify and that could be, then that is that. I would like to hear the explanation of how this all works though.

Well here I am again. Each time I get to the point of believing I do qualify I say "Na" it does not feel right. Does not feel right when I think about all of the work you do throughout the days weeks and months..., but then I say to myself, "self..., when you look around here there are not many people who are actually contributing to the bottom line $$$ like I did" I will admit it wasn't much but I felt that was what needed to be done and maybe Sonnie intends to use that as an example (Opps its a random drawing) and why it is set up in the way I see it now. But I'm the new guy..., I don't know. I hope this reads right this time...:dontknow::crying::T

Good luck all!!!:crying: I am qualified :boxer::boxer:

Greg

Greg
You must be thinking of another contest. Qualification period is from November 10, 2010 through February 10, 2011.

Qualifying members must already be registered and already have 25 posts as of October 31, 2010 to qualify.
you have the exection for the 25 post by october 31st. but i don't know were you found the "The qualification period is not only August thru October "

I could be wrong but from the way it reads. since it has the word "and". It also says you joined the forum in November, and you had to be registered by October 31st.

If you have an issue with any of the rules talk to Sonnie. I can't say what he will do or say.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I clarified it above in post #106, but it was already perfectly clear to me... there are 15 qualified entries.

I will conduct the drawing tomorrow morning and post a new winning announcement thread... :T

This thread is now closed!

101 - 113 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.