Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, Pompano is just a few minutes away. How could you leave S FL?

I was ready to buy a SB13 rom your review and the discontinued it. They pointed me to two SB12 NSD instead. In fact, from what I can see, this is the only sealed unit they make. You think they had reliability issues with the other sealed units? It seems strange to discontinue if they were successful. Any thoughts? Is the the HSU ULS-15 the best alternative. Music is priority over video.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Loved Pompano! They did have a software issue early on, but that was resolved when I bought mine. If your room is smaller, the 2 NSD's would be great, with a great price, too. If you have the funds, the Ultra can be used in the sealed mode. From what I read, the HSU should be a great performer. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ed confirmed that they are revising it. Basically a new cabinet (to align with the other models) and probably renamed to SB13 Ultra since it was already using Ultra-parts. Maybe a price increase since the cabinets are more expensive to make
Thanks, Pompano is just a few minutes away. How could you leave S FL?

I was ready to buy a SB13 rom your review and the discontinued it. They pointed me to two SB12 NSD instead. In fact, from what I can see, this is the only sealed unit they make. You think they had reliability issues with the other sealed units? It seems strange to discontinue if they were successful. Any thoughts? Is the the HSU ULS-15 the best alternative. Music is priority over video.

Thanks.
Did you see what I wrote? They are just tweaking/revising the design. The cabinet is going to updated to match the style of the other subs, and they are also renaming it. The PB12+ went through the same revisions last year.

When they ran out of the SB13, they removed it from the website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi to All.

First post

I am considering the SB13+ Is there any news on a release date for the revised model?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome to the Forum. Keep checking with SVS. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been in communication with SVS and there's no definite date for availability on the new SB13, only late summer. I think I'm set on a sealed unit and two SB12 NSDs are too small for my room. I'm considering the Rythmik F15HP for about the same $. Any other thoughts besides the HSU ULS15?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey after a few months I am selling my PC-13 Ultra. It is with great sadness as I love it.

But with kids and toys and a wife saying its too big ,I need something smaller.

I was thinking of running dual SB12's, But I hear there is a new compact 13 coming out.

Any ideas on this, its getting close to late summer.

I am in the UK, so will be dealing with Frank Harvey Hi-fi, which I think they go through L-sounds as a middle man.

I would like something within 2 months, any ideas on this Ed ?

Thanks guys

21 - 28 of 28 Posts