Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, I am using ver 5 beta9 and I am having some random problems when measuring small sweep at low frequency.

I am basically measuring freq resp between 5 to 500 Hz and sometime, randomly, the sweep generator or the metering routins goes crazy reporting absourd low levels and unatural response.

When this happen, I change a bit the sweep paramenters (start freq from 5 to 10Hz) and I run again a couple of measures (usually are these new good), then I set back start to 5Hz and I keep going with my previous wanted measures (usually all goes well as expected).

I suppose this to be a sw bug.

Regards,
Andrea

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Possible some kind of synchronisation problem with the ASIO driver, assuming you are using ASIO (per your other post). Check the REW log files to see if any errors have been logged, their location is shown in the Help -> About REW dialog (usually your home directory in a subdirectory called REW).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jonh, thanks for your quick reply.
I agree with you, it should be an ASIO driver issue, even because I have another strange problem: no Square Wave generation at 88.2kHz sampling rate, while I can get it at 44.1 kHz.
I will check the REW log as you suggest. If I will find anything of interest, I will update this thread, otherwise I will contact the MOTU support team reporting the problem with the ASIO driver.
Thanks and regards,
Andrea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts