Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
46f510 powered down while reconverging. burnt smell. leds click on and off and audio clicks on and off. with mechanics stethiscope a clicking that sounds like a turning signal in a car is coming from switching transformer bt02162. diode right behind it gets hot as a firecracker within seconds of attempting to power up. I can find the replacement diode easy but can't find the switch trans anywhere but andrews electronics; and they are out of stock. any equivalnets for tranformer that you know of . thanks for any help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you find anything burnt(resistor or sth)?

It's normal that diode gets hot(but extremely hot surely means over current). Current is flowing through which means the transformer is probably ok. You need to find out what's causing the protection.

You can remover the two STK chips and see if the TV powers on. If yes replace the STK chips along with burnt resistors if any.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had just replaced chips. I have also replaced all large electro canister caps on power board and deflection board ( at least 20- 30). I thought this would have fixed it but no dice. you wrote "Do you find anything burnt(resistor or sth)?" did you mean stk or is this sth something else? thanks for your time.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is a load on the circuit with the diode getting hot. You need to find what is loading that circuit.

Did you read the convergence repair sticky carefully and check the resistors on the convergence ICs very carefully with the chips out of circuit and yokes disconnected?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts