Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAD Labs/Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems - Room 2016

No code has to be inserted here.

I didn't have a lot of time here, as the show was winding down, but did get a listen to a little Count Basie. Upright bass walked up and down the scale nicely, each note distinct from the others. Highs, mids and lows were spot on, definitely one of the tightest systems at the show. Soundstage was surprisingly large, given the small room.

Ron Lapporte of Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems informed me that the room was tuned with Room EQ Wizard, and that REW is key to getting the best out of their showrooms and individual home systems, as well! Andrew Jones was present, too, answering questions and jamming out with the group.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice looking speakers! I really like the look of carbon fiber for driver building materials. Also, very cool that REW was used for all the setups!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cool that Andrew (or the room) used REW, but what did the correction? Are the TAD components equipped with EQ?
I like the precision and clarity of the TAD stuff, but the prices leave me . . . happy they make entry level speakers that still sound remarkably good.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool that Andrew (or the room) used REW, but what did the correction? Are the TAD components equipped with EQ?
I like the precision and clarity of the TAD stuff, but the prices leave me . . . happy they make entry level speakers that still sound remarkably good.
REW was used to guide set up and placement of the components. I don't believe any correction filters were used.

Fortunately for us, the TAD gear paves the way for the entry level gear. :T

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've wanted to hear TAD gear for years now, very jealous for sure! Did you only listen to the one track or did you get more listening time in? I'd really be interested to listen to them with some James Taylor, Jennifer Warnes, Angels and Airwaves, Mindi Abair, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts