Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a way to make REW automatically take repeated measurements in a loop and show the last result to screen?
I just received 15 acoustics panels and was thinking of finding the optimum spot for each by holding it and just going around the room - if only REW will automatically take a measurement every few second and display it. I have a projector so I can see the resulting graph clearly from anywhere.

Thanks,
Or Tal.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Hi Or Tal,

Welcome to HTS. AFAIK, there is no way to get REW to re run sweeps automatically in a loop. It does however display successive sweeps and always displays the last taken measurement on the main graph.

I do believe there is a way to use the RTA function similar to what your trying to do, but this doesnt display multiple concurrent graphs, it just shows a single real time graph, that will change as you move round you room.

I think the best way is to just take single measurements one at a time. Measure, move mic, measure, move mic etc etc. This will give you a full set of results, one for each position you measure. You can then use the overlays to compare the positions, and from that determine the best position(s).

·
Super Moderator
9,283 Posts

Is there a way to make REW automatically take repeated measurements in a loop and show the last result to screen?
I just received 15 acoustics panels and was thinking of finding the optimum spot for each by holding it and just going around the room - if only REW will automatically take a measurement every few second and display it. I have a projector so I can see the resulting graph clearly from anywhere.
Even if REW could loop repeated measurements, such a feature would do you no good. If you want to see the effects of acoustical treatments, you need to look at energy-time, waterfall graphs etc. REW can only generate those graphs after the initial measurement is made. IOW, you can’t move around the room and see acoustics-related graphs in real time.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
A mode which generates continuous impulse responses/ETC curves is on the feature list for exactly the purpose you would like to use it (an extension of the RTA), but it is a ways off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts