Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,407 Posts
ISLAND, no, that shouldn't be what is happening. The pillows aren't dense enough to reflect a wave, rather, they are significantly reducing the magnitude of the wave from endcap to endcap through absorption. This is why we line the walls and ports of ported enclosures with absorption.

Michael, excellent job on that port flare :T Even if the port OD came in a little small, you should have plenty of cross sectional area for a TC-1000 15" tuned ~17-18hz......plenty.

Looks like you should be able to go with an 80hz crossover as opposed to 60hz if you wanted. Dual 15s should be much more capable from 60-80hz than any sane set of mains - I'd attempt to get as much out of them as I could.

· Registered
2,407 Posts
Based on my own measurements (not outdoors unfortunately), lining the tube ID with a couple layers of poly batting and then wrapping the port in several layers of poly batting does the trick as well - no offensive peaks.

I gotta say that I'm still a little weary that pillows in the middle of the sub between the driver and the port would potentially decrease port effectiveness.

1 - 2 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.