Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There is more LF output than the on-axis 1m trace reports, as there is little contribution from the port, being as the port is about 9 feet away from the mic, and there is only one boundary.

Subjectively, I found that using 4 pillows in the endcap plus one loose in the middle is about as clean as I have ever heard out of a proper vented enclosure.

When I averaged out the port and driver response, the results were almost exactly what WinISD predicted. I would say mission accomplished. :bigsmile:

· Registered
2,431 Posts
What this thread is really making me think is that I wish I had gotten a few TC1000 15's. Those were an absolute steal back in the day at $199ea and the 1000's sound so good. It's almost a shame to downfire them.

Mike how advanced are your HR skills? I may enlist some help with ideas for a future project. I thought about hitting up Mike B. too.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just an update, I haven't gotten to bases or anything else, but I did get the pair fired up laying on the floor, wires ran in the ports still. At full power, just under clipping on my PLXII 3102, in stereo they were ******** awesome, they sound really good..... actually too good for the price.

Output... well the walls were flexing pretty good.... :hsd: :bigsmile:

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ricci, I can do a close mic measurement, but not tonight or in the next 2-3 days. When I measured the port output, I had the mic inserted into the port up to the xlr connector, on both.

When I did the stuffed vs unstuffed measurement on the driver end of the sonotube, I was at 1m from the face of the enclosure.

Both enclosures have 5 pillows each now, and the ones between the endcap and the port flange are almost impossible to remove now. They are jammed down into that space with a broomstick. :huh:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.