Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently constructed sonotube sub (320 litres)
And I have question. What is the best way to operate TC-2000 Dual Coil with the BP-2500?
1. Parallel connected coils (1.75 ohms) and bridged AMP?
2. Serial connected coils (7 ohms) and bridged AMP?
3. Stereo independence coils (2 x 3.5 ohms) and NOT bridged AMP. Mono bridged inputs?
Regards

·
Registered
306 Posts
By BP you really mean EP right?

If So, I would connect it parallel to one channel. I currently have mine connected to my 2500 bridged at 2 ohms, but i have to keep a careful eye on it as it is bad to be running it at such a low impedance it does not support (bridged). And anyways if you have it bridged at 2 ohms you are only getting maybe 200 watts more then if you have it connected to only one channel.

I think its a bad idea to wire each coil to a channel as you need to have relatively the same wattage going to both coils and they need to be synced up perfectly to cause no damaged itself. You could try it but be very careful.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Series coils to bridged mono would give the most power without running the amp below what its rated for, I wouldnt recomend running it at 2ohm bridged. Only running it off one chanel at 2ohm only gives you 1200watts, and wastes a whole chanel. Bridged to the coils in series gives you 1500watts and is easier on the amp. Running one chanel to each coil is the same as running bridged to series coils as long as the signal to each chanel is the same and the gian is set the same on each chanel its not a problem at all, but you don't loose or gain anything realy, it just gives more wire to the sub, but as long as the wire you run is big enough a single is easier. To put is simply go with option #2. My 2c

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Steve, I meant EP-2500
Do you think it could be damaged by running it as you doing?
I’ll try it tonight. If you see big smoke on the north-west horizon you’ll know what that mean.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody for quick responses. I connected the tc-2000 serial with bridged ep-2500.
Now I will measure it when the cm-140 arrives on Monday.
I have BFD 1120 before ep-2500. I have couple question about the measurement process.
I guess new thread is required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts