Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm in a bit of need for help.. I finally am putting this driver to use. I've had the sonotubes and the driver for months and have not had time to build them until now. I thought that I had a project all filled out for the epic 12" in a small sealed sonotube enclosure n WinISD, however it seems to have been lossed. I created a new project very briefly using the epic 12 driver in a small sealed enclosure, and got a high qtc. I was hoping for a .707, as that is what I recall many say is best am I wrong? It's purpose will be solely for music , so this is the route I have taken. My question is, what are the benefits/disadvantages to having a low or high qtc? what are the effects of each? and am I trying to put this driver in too small a cabinet? I thought I'd seen many people building small 3.0 cu ft with this driver with great success. Criticism is welcomed to help get me on the right path, which I thought I was already! :help:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! That's kind of what I assumed previously?? I must have entered something into WinISD incorrectly, and was going based off the data it showed. Im gonna go ahead with the smaller box. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts