Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys the time has finally come, from I got all the speakers and most of it assembled, I just need atleast 2 new boards and then staining
Heres some pics of the speaker and PRs, and plexiglass I am going to use to look inside
and I also included a WINisd file so you can see what size and tuning, I am planning to get another PRo5100 in the future:D

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Outstanding, I look forward to following this build.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Those Drivers have an exellent build quality just by the pics, i also have a sub under a different name built by TC that is amazing.
Definatly looking forward to the build and good choice in subs i might add.:T

·
Registered
503 Posts
those PRO 5100 are very nice subs. They have a old school look with the accordion surround with a newish feel with the nomex cone. and Those are the PR's I wanted LOL. i am looking forward to this build because I'm doing my First PR build right now. This should be amazing. ALSO I'VE BEEN WANTING ONE OF THOSE NEO Magnets. Let me know if you ever blow the sub lol.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
One of these 5100s should have enough output to give someone hearing damage :paddle:

I love it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ohhhhh that sub looks good, I am tempted to get a 5100 before the eventual price increase due to Neo prices going through the roof.

I am going to really like this build.

have fun.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of these 5100s should have enough output to give someone hearing damage :paddle:

I love it.
I know what ya mean, just free airing it my ears hurt and I can hear it all cross my basement:R

After reading av science forum with the huge debate on which is better, the LMSU or PRO, I expect alot from this driver and plan to get another in the future with REXXX for the frequencies in the teens:spend:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You may want to order that extra 5100 soon as neodymium prices have tripled, any driver using Neo motors are going to see a healthy price increase.

·
Registered
85 Posts
it's listed as 2.5" peak to peak.
Wow, looks like an amazing build. Boy would I like to hear one of these bad boys...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey sorry for the delay i have a bunch of ap tests coming up so expect a two week delay since of these
but dont worry it will be quickly done afterwords

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Parts Express just announced a price increase on all TC Sounds drivers coming in about 5 days from now on May 1st 2011. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=224412

If you were really serious about a second Pro 5100 you might want to act now as I suspect it will see the biggest jump due to Neodymium prices tripling and could get worse.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You should read the PE announcement I posted above. They just mention a general price increase so it would be safe to assume it the entire range of there drivers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Parts Express just announced a price increase on all TC Sounds drivers coming in about 5 days from now on May 1st 2011. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=224412

If you were really serious about a second Pro 5100 you might want to act now as I suspect it will see the biggest jump due to Neodymium prices tripling and could get worse.
thanks for the update, I have just paritally assembled the enclosure and will post pics very soon

1 - 20 of 64 Posts