Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to show the graph of the TDH-measurement with the y-ordinate showing actual %-values instead of dB, is this possible somehow?

When I put the cursor on a particular spot, i can read the measured %, but I would like to show the entire graph in percent.

I hope it is clear what I mean!

Thanks, O.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's a bit tedious, but you can use a spreadsheet.

Here's one.

For insignificant harmonics, or ones you can't actually see, just put them in at something like -100dB.

I don't know why so few software audio analyzers provide THD, it's not that hard to calculate, might be a bit hard to automatically discern what harmonics are significant though.

TrueRTA has been asked about this for years, he once told me "it's coming"...still hasn't

Here's one system that does it. that's affordable.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I don't know why so few software audio analyzers provide THD
REW calculates and plots THD (and the individual harmonics to the tenth), the OP was looking for a different presentation of the results. REW's plots of distortion show the SPL levels of the fundamental and the harmonics, though the trace readouts can be switched to show % or dBr instead of dB SPL. The OP would like the plots to be % rather than SPL. There are pros and cons, it is easy to get carried away by a high distortion percentage figure and not notice that it corresponds to a very low level of the fundamental, so the contribution is mostly noise rather than distortion - the SPL plots ensure that context is always present.

·
Registered
512 Posts
REW calculates and plots THD (and the individual harmonics to the tenth), the OP was looking for a different presentation of the results. REW's plots of distortion show the SPL levels of the fundamental and the harmonics, though the trace readouts can be switched to show % or dBr instead of dB SPL. The OP would like the plots to be % rather than SPL. There are pros and cons, it is easy to get carried away by a high distortion percentage figure and not notice that it corresponds to a very low level of the fundamental, so the contribution is mostly noise rather than distortion - the SPL plots ensure that context is always present.
Guess I didn't understand what he wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts