Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 5.1 system aperion fronts center and rears besides my valadyne sub. I ran My Odyssey and my fronts went to 40hertz rears went to 60hertz. And my center went 60hertz its that good or bad? Oh forgot I got the 809 onkyo

Sent from my SPH-L710 using HT Shack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I got the velodyne dls 3750r. Fronts are the intimus 4t. Backs are intimus 4b and the verus forte center channel.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Agreed, any speakers the go down to 60Hz or lower are good. As the Onkyo dose not have "small" or "large" speaker setting it has actual crossover settings so setting them to 80Hz is still the best if you have a good sub.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
No, having incremental adjustments is ideal so your good to go. I would run the audyssey room correction (with the mic) first before adjusting anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I put all the spekers to 80hertz would I get more low frequency afects "bass" from my valodyne.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, up to 80Hz and then everything above will go to your speakers. THX recommends this for Ideal settings and is generally the recognized standard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I put all my aperion at 80hertz. My velodyne rattled the whole house watching Master and Commander on Blu ray good choice thanks for the feedback

1 - 13 of 13 Posts