·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
910 Posts
Re: Tekton Pendragon?

I also read those reviews and there is allot of buzz about the Pendragons. Andrew Robinson (Home Theater Review)indicated these are his new reference speakers and that they compare with speakers with a much higher price point.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts

It looks like they are in Utah by the area code. I heard though a California friend/installer that they sounded "good" at a show he attended. He did not stay to listen at length though. I got the impression he was not looking at speakers in the $2500.00 price range for his lineup and went on.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts

It looks like they are in Utah by the area code. I heard though a California friend/installer that they sounded "good" at a show he attended. He did not stay to listen at length though. I got the impression he was not looking at speakers in the $2500.00 price range for his lineup and went on.
Thanks Dwight - hope they are at one of the shows I go to. I wold love to be able to hear them.

·
Registered
531 Posts

I have been looking at those for a while now and hopefully I'll be upgrading to them by the end of the year.

For lower price ranges they offer the Lore and M-Lore which have also received glowing reviews.

·
Registered
910 Posts

If you order speakers from Tekton they ship without speakers grills unless you request them and charge $75 per grill. Also delivery takes several weeks to receive the gear. Just make sure you do your due diligence before you order.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If you order speakers from Tekton they ship without speakers grills unless you request them and charge $75 per grill. Also delivery takes several weeks to receive the gear. Just make sure you do your due diligence before you order.
I read on another forum that, the price for the grills is negotiable. Also heard that once you received his speakers it's well worth the wait. Well you know how the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure so hearing is believing. They offer a 30 day trial, if you're not satisfied, they will take the product back but you're responsible for the cost of return shipping. The reason it takes so long to deliver the speakers is because the owner/designer builds each speaker buy hand personally. He doesn't hire any help and each speaker is tested by him and must meet his standard before they ship out. These speakers are somewhat out of my budget but I've decided to just wait and save more. From the responses I'm assuming no one owns them if they do please comment.

TIA:Menace

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Interesting read of a user impressions of the newer upgraded seas driver based pendragons...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1353363503&&&/Review-of-Tekton-Pendragon-Se-Loudspeake
Have yet to read anything but recommendations when talking about any version of this speaker. I hope somebody asks the powers that be on this site to request a pair for review. These speakers have been called game changers. It would be nice to know that if your in the market for some speakers then you should look no farther.

Menace

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Banned
79 Posts
I have the oriel 10 and the pendragon center. I love them. Had b &w before and these tektons rock. Great with guitars , horns , and voices . My denon receiver can play them loud and clean. Got custom color.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I have the oriel 10 and the pendragon center. I love them. Had b &w before and these tektons rock. Great with guitars , horns , and voices . My denon receiver can play them loud and clean. Got custom color.
This reply means nothing with out pics:foottap::paddle::crying::D

·
Registered
490 Posts

id like to hear some pendragoms myself.i know Andrew Robinson sold off some b&w 800 diamonds ,and kept the pendragons.that says alot right there.sell 20 some thousand dollar speakers and keep the 2500 $ ones.

·
Registered
910 Posts

He is also no longer with Home Theater Magazine left after 10 years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

id like to hear some pendragoms myself.i know Andrew Robinson sold off some b&w 800 diamonds ,and kept the pendragons.that says alot right there.sell 20 some thousand dollar speakers and keep the 2500 $ ones.

I think this is the biggest problem with Internet sales of speakers. Unless you know someone who owns a set, there's no way to audition them. So it's a little bit like gambling. Especially since what a person likes differs from person to person so greatly. You kind of have to read a review and hope the reviewers tastes and yours are similar or else get ready to ship it back. I would like to think a person buying a set of Pendragon should be relatively safe, at least as safe as you can get without hearing them first. I think I'm going to take a chance.

Menace

1 - 20 of 52 Posts