Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Re: Tekton Pendragon?

I think this is the biggest problem with Internet sales of speakers. Unless you know someone who owns a set, there's no way to audition them. So it's a little bit like gambling. Especially since what a person likes differs from person to person so greatly. You kind of have to read a review and hope the reviewers tastes and yours are similar or else get ready to ship it back. I would like to think a person buying a set of Pendragon should be relatively safe, at least as safe as you can get without hearing them first. I think I'm going to take a chance.

Menace
Its a gamble but every review I have read is very positive. I would be more concerned if there was only 1 review to rely on. I bought SVS MTS-01's about 3 years ago without hearing them and have been very happy with them. It was a gamble but the return policy was reassuring.

·
Registered
910 Posts

I think this is the biggest problem with Internet sales of speakers. Unless you know someone who owns a set, there's no way to audition them. So it's a little bit like gambling. Especially since what a person likes differs from person to person so greatly. You kind of have to read a review and hope the reviewers tastes and yours are similar or else get ready to ship it back. I would like to think a person buying a set of Pendragon should be relatively safe, at least as safe as you can get without hearing them first. I think I'm going to take a chance.

Menace
Are you considering a HT setup or 2 channel? I recall Tekton have introduced a Pendragon 5.2 HT setup as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts

tekton also has a new floorstander called the tekton enzo.look in the blog its not on the product page yet.

·
Registered
910 Posts

I read the blog about the Enzo and they are very similar to the Pendragons with smaller drivers. The 3 tweeters are aligned above the drivers compared to the Pendragons where the tweeters are aligned between the drivers. Perhaps the Enzo is a smaller footprint catering to a smaller room setup.

·
Registered
490 Posts

pendragons are defo way to big for my room.if id try some tekton speakers.i think id try the tekton lore.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Are you considering a HT setup or 2 channel? I recall Tekton have introduced a Pendragon 5.2 HT setup as well.
I'm looking at the Pendragons for L/R/C in a HT setup. But it will see its share of two channel work as well. Lately I've been listening to 5 channel stereo, so 5.2 setup looks interesting as well. But I want to get the front stage set up right first and then worry about the rest.

Menace

·
Registered
910 Posts

I'm looking at the Pendragons for L/R/C in a HT setup. But it will see its share of two channel work as well. Lately I've been listening to 5 channel stereo, so 5.2 setup looks interesting as well. But I want to get the front stage set up right first and then worry about the rest.

Menace
That would be a killer front stage and unless you already have the subs your not going to miss them except for the really low frequencies 30hz & below. Also for 2 channel music you may not use the subs as the Pendragons are full range.You could always add them later on. I would probably set the sub xo as low as you can and let the Pendragons handle everything else.

·
Registered
490 Posts

well they claim the pendragon is only down 4.5db at 20 hz.so thats fairly low assuming its accurate.

·
Registered
910 Posts

well they claim the pendragon is only down 4.5db at 20 hz.so thats fairly low assuming its accurate.
Yeah that is low but I guess we have to rely on the specs out there albeit not many. I am intrigued by the Pendragons would like to audition them.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Does anyone have Pendragons around the midwest that would be willing to audition them against JTR equipment? I have Noesis 228HT, and a friend of mine, carp has Noesis 212HT. I've heard great things about the Pendragons and I would like to compare them. There is a meet coming up in Iowa on April 27, where the Noesis, Seaton Catalyst, SVS Ultra Tower, Salk H2TLs and others will be directly compared. I'd love to have a set of Pendragons in the mix! Any takers?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have been studying the Pendragons for the last couple of months and I can't find anything bad to be said about them. I have read some frustrated customers having to wait longer than anticipated for delivery but once they receive them, they are glad they waited. I have listened to a variety of products from Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, Paradigm, B&W and a few others. I have yet to be terribly inspired by any of them with the exception of the Paradigm Studios but they were a bit more than I wanted to spend. Although I have not personally listened to the Pendragons my gut tells me they are what I am looking for. I decided to place an order this morning and am crossing my fingers. I'll offer my impressions when I receive them in 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
156 Posts

From what I have been reading it sounds like 4-6 weeks is the initial quoted wait time but then that turns in to something more like 12 weeks. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long and can give us your impressions. Fingers are crossed for you.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Agreed. From what I have read its more like 12 weeks but worth the wait. I will be very interested to see what you think of the Pendragons.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

Anyone ever get any of these and have impressions?

I have talked with Eric on the phone and I hope we will work out something for review.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Thats great news Sonnie. Would like to read a Pendragons HTS review.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Very intriguing speakers. I found some YouTube videos on the Pendragons and they seem impressive.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

Spoke with Eric again today... got a pair of the Model Lore's for our speaker evaluation. He also has us tentatively setup for reviewing the HT Pendragon setup... in my dedicated home theater room.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Sonnie
Can't wait to hear your review of the Pendragons.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Spoke with Eric again today... got a pair of the Model Lore's for our speaker evaluation. He also has us tentatively setup for reviewing the HT Pendragon setup... in my dedicated home theater room.
this is going to be awesome.i cant wait to hear this review.ive been interested in tekton speakers for a long while now.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts