Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, at last:1eye:

Having read this forum for the last year or more, getting so much help one any ?, and getting inspired be all the buildthreads with pic's. I think it should be me turn to show some stuff for all of you.

This suBprojekt is one off many speakers/amps/acustics stuff, to go into our HT.

I'am building 2 boxes, each one with 325L net vol, roughly gives 300L with all contractions, and they are tune to 17 hz with a 8" port.

Just som few pic's to look at :

P5190032.JPG

P5190033.JPG

P5190034.JPG

P5190035.JPG

P5200036.JPG

P5200037.JPG

P5210038.JPG

P5210039.JPG

More to come:bigsmile: Can't wait until they are done :yay2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice work!

Are you going to flare the ports? It does look like to me, that the internal port might be a bit close to the wall... perhaps?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The driver is 2008 Tempest X 15".:bigsmile:

Regarding the port, the picture is cheating. It was only a testfit for the tube. Distance from the endpoint of the port, to nearest wall is larger than the dia of the port, roughly 22 cm.

Yes I do flare the ports inside the box, and later perhaps also the outside. Need at testrun first, so i can see if it is needed.

Just some more pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fackamato - I guess you mean the truth 2031P:1eye:

They are okay for testing div. setup's, but I don't like them in the long run.

More pic's will show up later.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2031A and 2030A are good value for money, but they are not good enought in the theater:no:

I am also building and aktive LCR - more one that later.

So far the 60w my cambrigde p500 delivers, makes me wonder if i really need 4 of these boxes:unbelievable:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I do wish that the B2031A had a bit more headroom at times but overall great bang for the buck. That's what the Klipsch's and EV pa speakers are for...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very nicely built, looks solid!

Regarding the joints, you have carved in a ledge? so not using screws? only glue and that neat "lock"?

Post measurements as soon as possible =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nicely built, looks solid!

Regarding the joints, you have carved in a ledge? so not using screws? only glue and that neat "lock"?

Post measurements as soon as possible =)
Yup - called fish/falddyvler(dk), and some nails from the nailgun :) Thats all.....almost. I did use 3 -4
skrews, just so i couldt keep pressure even over the entire surface.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:1eye: a little update.

I desided not to veneer the cab's, and go with roundover egdes and a perle white finish.

So far cab nr. 2 are almost done, and ready for painting. I will finish this box first, and then make the working one done last.:waiting: But it is hard work:whew:

Pic's uploading tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I desided to use epoxy for coting and the finel finish. Normaly used to work with polyester/fiber, so this i going to be something new, but still in the same balllane:unbelievable: i hope:bigsmile:

Here is some pic's, where I apply the first testcoat of epoxy. It should be able to hold down the joint off the mdf boards, so they wont show over time:T

P6200069.JPG

P6200070.JPG

P6200071.JPG

P6200072.JPG

More will come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
- Brandonnash -
So far both cab's are up and running. Havent done the finish yet, as i have to more them around to find the best spot of placement - It cost some marks once in a while. When test and mesuremenst are as good is I can get, I will paint them.:waiting:

The sound is very good indeed, but I'm glad a second genII is out now. I do like to have more headroom, both thermal and mech. The original plan was 4 pcs, but in the initial test, one set seam enough. Now I have to rethink that statement:huh::coocoo: although the house is:hsd:

I will soon upload some more pic's of my HT room, and the placement of the sub's.

Kevin - thanks for the nice words one the cab's:bigsmile: Your drivers are:jump: and for a reasonable price indeed.:yes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Small update - just bought the last 2 tempest X gen I..........:spend: New plan for sub's in the HT....:bigsmile:4 in total - smaller caps, just around 240 L @ 19 hz tune. Hope this will give some headroom in the 15 - 40 hz area.......at this point the 2 first 325 L don't:sad: Until i'am able to get my hand on 2-4 21" mal's, I wont go for the <15 hz area........tempest X gen I just can't do this area well:scratch::rolleyesno:

Will be back with pic's before christmas - i hope...have another buildprojekt that's very important - 50 kvm wood- and elektronic workplace:D:jiggy:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great! Post pics of your build progress. I enjoy watching your builds progress. I also like your use of the biscuits for the joints (I think you called them fish).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts