Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last, at last:1eye:

Having read this forum for the last year or more, getting so much help one any ?, and getting inspired be all the buildthreads with pic's. I think it should be me turn to show some stuff for all of you.

This suBprojekt is one off many speakers/amps/acustics stuff, to go into our HT.

I'am building 2 boxes, each one with 325L net vol, roughly gives 300L with all contractions, and they are tune to 17 hz with a 8" port.

Just som few pic's to look at :

Wood Plywood Audio equipment Hardwood Floor

Wood Audio equipment Plywood Floor Metal

Wood Plywood Furniture Architecture Beige

Workbench Table Furniture Shelf Tool

Wood

Furniture Table Wood Desk Room

Helmet Box

Architecture Design Material property Font Wood

More to come:bigsmile: Can't wait until they are done :yay2:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice work!

Are you going to flare the ports? It does look like to me, that the internal port might be a bit close to the wall... perhaps?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The driver is 2008 Tempest X 15".:bigsmile:

Regarding the port, the picture is cheating. It was only a testfit for the tube. Distance from the endpoint of the port, to nearest wall is larger than the dia of the port, roughly 22 cm.

Yes I do flare the ports inside the box, and later perhaps also the outside. Need at testrun first, so i can see if it is needed.

Just some more pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fackamato - I guess you mean the truth 2031P:1eye:

They are okay for testing div. setup's, but I don't like them in the long run.

More pic's will show up later.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2031A and 2030A are good value for money, but they are not good enought in the theater:no:

I am also building and aktive LCR - more one that later.

So far the 60w my cambrigde p500 delivers, makes me wonder if i really need 4 of these boxes:unbelievable:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I do wish that the B2031A had a bit more headroom at times but overall great bang for the buck. That's what the Klipsch's and EV pa speakers are for...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very nicely built, looks solid!

Regarding the joints, you have carved in a ledge? so not using screws? only glue and that neat "lock"?

Post measurements as soon as possible =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nicely built, looks solid!

Regarding the joints, you have carved in a ledge? so not using screws? only glue and that neat "lock"?

Post measurements as soon as possible =)
Yup - called fish/falddyvler(dk), and some nails from the nailgun :) Thats all.....almost. I did use 3 -4
skrews, just so i couldt keep pressure even over the entire surface.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:1eye: a little update.

I desided not to veneer the cab's, and go with roundover egdes and a perle white finish.

So far cab nr. 2 are almost done, and ready for painting. I will finish this box first, and then make the working one done last.:waiting: But it is hard work:whew:

Pic's uploading tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I desided to use epoxy for coting and the finel finish. Normaly used to work with polyester/fiber, so this i going to be something new, but still in the same balllane:unbelievable: i hope:bigsmile:

Here is some pic's, where I apply the first testcoat of epoxy. It should be able to hold down the joint off the mdf boards, so they wont show over time:T

Box Plywood Wood Furniture Trunk

Material property Plywood Wood Birdhouse

Window Circle Wall Architecture Wood

More will come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
- Brandonnash -
So far both cab's are up and running. Havent done the finish yet, as i have to more them around to find the best spot of placement - It cost some marks once in a while. When test and mesuremenst are as good is I can get, I will paint them.:waiting:

The sound is very good indeed, but I'm glad a second genII is out now. I do like to have more headroom, both thermal and mech. The original plan was 4 pcs, but in the initial test, one set seam enough. Now I have to rethink that statement:huh::coocoo: although the house is:hsd:

I will soon upload some more pic's of my HT room, and the placement of the sub's.

Kevin - thanks for the nice words one the cab's:bigsmile: Your drivers are:jump: and for a reasonable price indeed.:yes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Small update - just bought the last 2 tempest X gen I..........:spend: New plan for sub's in the HT....:bigsmile:4 in total - smaller caps, just around 240 L @ 19 hz tune. Hope this will give some headroom in the 15 - 40 hz area.......at this point the 2 first 325 L don't:sad: Until i'am able to get my hand on 2-4 21" mal's, I wont go for the <15 hz area........tempest X gen I just can't do this area well:scratch::rolleyesno:

Will be back with pic's before christmas - i hope...have another buildprojekt that's very important - 50 kvm wood- and elektronic workplace:D:jiggy:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great! Post pics of your build progress. I enjoy watching your builds progress. I also like your use of the biscuits for the joints (I think you called them fish).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts