Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a sealed enclosure for the shiva-x2 at 3.66ft^3. While searching around on the diycable website I run into the tempest-x2. Download the pdf and see it models fairly well in a 3ft^3 box. According to the pdf it can hit ~25Fs in the sealed enclosure. My question is will the tempest fit my 3.66ft^3 enclosure better than the shiva-x2? Let me know as I plan on ordering ASAP.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't know about better, you can model both and take a look at the response. Both should work and they have a fair range of overlap (either the Shiva or Tempest will work) in terms of sealed designs. Of course the Tempest will give you a fair amount more output because it has about 30% more swept area.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I just spoke with you about it. How does the shiva-x2 and PR (and without PR) compare with the tempest-x2 in a 3.66ft^3 sealed enclosure?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yep, I just spoke with you about it. How does the shiva-x2 and PR (and without PR) compare with the tempest-x2 in a 3.66ft^3 sealed enclosure?
It is your standard resonant enclosure vs. sealed comparison. The sealed enclosure tends to roll-off sooner but matches up well with room gain. The 12" has a slight advantage near tuning (maybe... depending on the power) and the 15" has the advantage up high and under the tuning frequency. Just model them and you can see exactly what you are going to get in either situation.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts