Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the review. I didn't see this in the theater at the time since I thought it was just a repeat of the same old story but with different actors. But after reading the review, I am curious to check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm picking up my 3D version tomorrow :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I love a perfect track and nothing in the world (at least in home theater) can put a smile on my face faster than great audio.
I'm right there with you on this. I haven't decided whether to watch this one or not, since I actually never saw any of the original Terminator movies. However, if the audio is that good, that alone might convince me to watch it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I watched this one last night and I actually enjoyed this one. I actually didn't mind Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. While I enjoyed Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, I definitely think she lacked a bit of toughness that both Hamilton and Headey had.

I actually really enjoyed the humor that Arnold's "Pops" character added to the movie. I also agree 100% with you on Jason Clarke as John Connor. I thought he was great.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched this one last night and I actually enjoyed this one. I actually didn't mind Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. While I enjoyed Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, I definitely think she lacked a bit of toughness that both Hamilton and Headey had.

I actually really enjoyed the humor that Arnold's "Pops" character added to the movie. I also agree 100% with you on Jason Clarke as John Connor. I thought he was great.

I didn't mention this in the review, but I liked how they dabbled with what would happen to a machine in the long term interacting with humans. the little teensy "cracks" in his programming that allowed for a semblance of emotion to leak through

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts

I felt that Emilia Clarke did a great job, but Hamilton had that rough, tough look to her which took the part to the next level IMO. Emilia looked too soft.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I might have to check this one out after all of the positive talk here. I really didn't have any desire before but interest is piqued.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
I might have to check this one out after all of the positive talk here. I really didn't have any desire before but interest is piqued.
I would rent it first to see if it is worth it for you to buy...too many people don't like it. :T

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
It blew my expectations away. I really enjoyed it. The opening dialogue/ banter I thought was lame and was setting a tone for lame writing but it came around. The lfe track was silly awesome I think I have bottomed my sealed ho18's a couple a times too... Oops, but the wife was giggling from the bass so I couldn't help but leave them hot.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I didn't mention this in the review, but I liked how they dabbled with what would happen to a machine in the long term interacting with humans. the little teensy "cracks" in his programming that allowed for a semblance of emotion to leak through
I really liked that aspect too! It was pretty cool to see him taking care of and being a father-figure to Sarah.

I felt that Emilia Clarke did a great job, but Hamilton had that rough, tough look to her which took the part to the next level IMO. Emilia looked too soft.
I 100% agree. That's why I think Hamilton and Headey both were good choices. They were both definitely a rough and tough. Headey especially really won me over with her role in the last Dredd movie.

Hamilton, too. Thinking back on her introduction again to the audience in T2, what was she doing? Pull-ups from her bed frame in the Psych hospital!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really liked that aspect too! It was pretty cool to see him taking care of and being a father-figure to Sarah.

I 100% agree. That's why I think Hamilton and Headey both were good choices. They were both definitely a rough and tough. Headey especially really won me over with her role in the last Dredd movie.

Hamilton, too. Thinking back on her introduction again to the audience in T2, what was she doing? Pull-ups from her bed frame in the Psych hospital!

Headey was good, but Hamiltion was just untouchable. she is one of the few females besides Ellen Ripley to make me think "holy moly, I ain't messin with her!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts