Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For me personal it was the Usher in black I thought it was beautifull and sounded the same with all the music I heard on it, but boy was it heavy. Had to put giant anchors in the wall to hold the dedicated shelf:bigsmile:
These were heard with a sub and they needed it, but music was sooo sweet from them, full, defined and detailed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Rogers LS3/5a.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Mackie HR824 active monitors. Probably tied with the JBL LS6328P's. Genelec's were up there too but I didn't spend as much time with them, so I can't say. Don't remember the exact model of Genelec's either.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The B&W 685. its hard to call it a "bookshelf" but just amazing sound.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Monitor Audio Platinum series bookshelf speakers. I don't remember the model exacty, but they sounded beautiful!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just spent the day shopping and this is only the first day. posted new thread as I am going to find whats out there!
Go forth old man and seek whilst you can:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Little hard to put that one on a bookshelf:dizzy:
Why? I have a friend who had his Large Advents in his bookshelf for 20 years.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Maybe this deserves another thread. I wonder how many of us actually use bookshelf speakers on bookshelves. The problem with the whole idea of bookshelf speakers, IME, is that they don't sound very good on bookshelves, just like free standing speakers. I usually placed them on stands anyway to get them away from the walls. So do you actually use them on bookshelves?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Energy 3.1e. Back in the early 90's
I know what your saying..What???
In that room. In that store.
On that day.They sounded better than anything else I listened to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe this deserves another thread. I wonder how many of us actually use bookshelf speakers on bookshelves. The problem with the whole idea of bookshelf speakers, IME, is that they don't sound very good on bookshelves, just like free standing speakers. I usually placed them on stands anyway to get them away from the walls. So do you actually use them on bookshelves?
Your right on that for sure:) I am going to modify my first vote to the B&W 805s. On a stand:innocent:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Heard the Wilson bookshelves a few weeks ago. They were pretty amazing. They have a price tag to go along with it though. Have always loved the sound of the B&W 800 series bookshelf.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi first of all i am a panel guy BUT when a speaker sounds good it sounds good panel or cone my choice for the best bookshelf i heard goes to Sonus Faber Extrema a little bit big for a bookshelf BUT it is a bookshelf.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I don't beleive inplacing any speaker in a bookshelf however
for bookshelf speakers i love my klipsch b3's

the warm but crisp sound that humms fomr these is just musical and exiting ...... sorry if i odn't have the experience with the higher priced items.

thank you for reading my post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts