Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I watched Rambo (2008) Extended Cut a few nights back and the audio track was very aggressive, and it included lots of good heavy bass. I've read that the audio on the extended cut is far better than that of the theatrical version, but I don't have both versions to compare.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd have to second the pod race in Star Wars I. Hate the movie and really can't watch more than that part. Let's hope that Disney can do better that Lucas going forward.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
The opening sequence from 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon', upto and including the titles, is a spectacular demo. , just the Paramount logo before the movie begins really shows off a 7.1-speakers set-up, with distinct rear-vs-side separation in the surround field.

Another good test is chapter 11 from Disney's 'Mission to Mars', where the mission commander's voice circles the room. Really lets you know whether your speakers are timber matched AND demonstrates how seamless the surround field can be with 4 surround speakers.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sucker Punch for the surrounds and visuals. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and House of Flying Daggers. How to Train your Dragon (and/or anything Pixar). LOTR Trilogy - Extended

BTW the list contains(ed) 2 entries of Saving Private Ryan. Though I guess it is just that good?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
It was the newer one and yes I've started a new BD collection picked up 4 Sunday :D
JQueen,
If you were close I would load up a bag of Blu-rays and begin the demo. Plant some shopping thoughts into your wife's brain and pawn the baby onto a baby starved family member. Pawn may be politically and morally incorrect but you get the idea. You might also want to explain/apologize to the neighbors beforehand.

1. Transformers Dark of Moon
2. How to Train Your Dragon
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Battle: Los Angeles
5. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Just a starter list but one that is sure to impress.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
JQueen,
If you were close I would load up a bag of Blu-rays and begin the demo. Plant some shopping thoughts into your wife's brain and pawn the baby onto a baby starved family member. Pawn may be politically and morally incorrect but you get the idea. You might also want to explain/apologize to the neighbors beforehand.

1. Transformers Dark of Moon
2. How to Train Your Dragon
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Battle: Los Angeles
5. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Just a starter list but one that is sure to impress.
You forgot The Incredible Hulk Jeff! :bigsmile: Just LOVE the campus sequence!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hahah I ended up getting inception transformers dark of the moon tron and the town. More to come

Thank you for the recommendations

81 - 100 of 178 Posts