Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
You forgot The Incredible Hulk Jeff! :bigsmile: Just LOVE the campus sequence!
Great scene no doubt Joe. Also one of my all time favorites but my list was more of a overall look what I can do type of lists. All of those movies had me smiling ear to ear throughout and are great for stretching the legs of any home theater.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Whelp we might do both we watched Lorax when we got home.. And the Colors and Quality were top notch!! So it's either Battle LA or the wife will trump and get to watch the Oscars which I won't mind to much

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read every post in this thread as I am looking for some Blu Ray ideas to test my system. One movie I would like to add to the list is "The Last Of The Mohicans" I had no idea how the audio would sound but the sound score in the movie is my favourite of any other film. But the real eye opener for me was the waterfall scene, my walls felt like they were shaking with the bass that was being produced :eek:

Also the scene where Daniel Day Lewis arrives at the fort was excellent, multiple cannon fire really tested the sub.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
One of the best movies I have for surround sound effects (if it hasn't been mentioned already) is "Cowboys and Aliens"..
The scene where they are all in the old upturned Paddle Steamer has excellent surround sound..Best since "Master and Commander" IMO..

·
Registered
197 Posts
I see no one mentioned Akira on Blu-Ray. The Japanese version of the soundtrack is crazy in 5.1. Lots of rear channel usage in the action sequences from what I remember.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I may have a dumb question here but I am going to ask it any way. Does the sound matter if the source is DVD, BD, Apple TV, Vudu. Etc?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I may have a dumb question here but I am going to ask it any way. Does the sound matter if the source is DVD, BD, Apple TV, Vudu. Etc?
Bluray is better than DVD I believe that bluray is lossless I think that's what they call it not a master of anything so don't quote me not sure on the other sources but I would bet they all very somewhat the only dumb question as they say is the one not asked.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts